Chapter Sixty-Two: Facetime

I don't know if this chapter is more weird than cute or more cute than weird. Let me know.

***

I walked into my apartment and immediately threw my bags on the floor by the entrance. In a rush to facetime Annie, I took a quick five-minute shower, dried off, and hopped on top of my bed. I was starving, but it could wait.

It was only a little past 10:00 pm in Los Angeles, so I figured she'd still be awake.

"Hey!" she exclaimed when she picked up. Her voice was soft and sweet – like it always was – and her face looked stunning in the yellow light of what I now knew was her bedroom. She actually looked happy, and I couldn't help but smile as soon as I saw her.

"Can you come to Milwaukee tomorrow?" I fake pouted.

"I wish. I'm getting lunch with your mom and interviewing a couple of nannies tomorrow. Since we'll both be busy, hopefully time will fly, and I'll be there in no time."

"We're getting a nanny, huh?" I guess it made sense, but I never gave the idea any thought. It was uncomfortable to think a complete stranger would be helping us raise our baby. I'm not sure I liked the concept, but I knew I had to deal with it.

"Yeah, I unfortunately don't see any way around it. We need too much help to ask our parents for support, you know?"

"I mean, I get it. I just don't want to overly depend on a nanny."

"I'm worried about the same thing, but, if we're aware that it could become an issue, we'll actively try to stay as involved as we can."

"You're so smart, baby. What are you looking for in someone? I'd like some input too."

Annie nodded. "I won't hire anyone without your feedback. I promise. I just asked the agency to provide me candidates with extensive childcare experience who are willing to travel as needed for both of our jobs. I also said I'd prefer a live-in nanny, at least while she's a baby, and that sense of humor and goofiness are important to me in a hire. Some other important preferences were the ability to speak another language around her, someone who isn't overly strict, and obviously someone with whom we'll both get along. That's the gist of my initial application. I offered $100,000 to $200,000 dependent on experience."

My eyes widened a bit upon hearing the price tag. "Holy shit, that's more than I'd expect."

Annie laughed. "Incentive to do a good job. I want the best, you know? I'd pay even more if necessary."

"Well, I know you'll do a good job with the initial interviews. I can't wait to hear the summary when you're in bed with me in a few days." I winked at her.

"Oh my God, Christian, we just fucked a solid twelves times in three nights. How are you not tired?" she joked. "I'm actually legitimately sore."

I laughed. "You should show me what you're wearing."

"Don't even go there," she responded with a smirk.

"Babe, please?" Only she could make me this thirsty.

She rolled her eyes and moved her phone down her body. "Well I'm wearing this really sexy World Wildlife Fund t-shirt that has otters on it. How turned on are you by this?" She brought the camera back up to her face.

"Honestly, that works for you. But you should maybe take it off? Thoughts on that? Any objections?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're ridiculous. Why don't you show me what you're wearing, and that'll give me time to think about it."

"Oh, not a problem." I moved my phone down my body as well, and showed her a bit of my bare chest and stomach. "Your turn."

"You're such a bro sometimes," she said through laughter. "Killer abs, though."

I grinned at her. "Please?"

"Oh, all right, I'll play your silly horny teenager games. Hold on a sec." She set her phone down, so all I could see was her ceiling, before returning the camera to her face. "Ready?"

"Hell yes," I muttered.

She moved her phone down yet again and showed me a quick flash of her perfect, perky tits. "There you go!"

"Not fair. That was only a five-second glimpse of one of the most beautiful sites possible on Earth. What a tease."

"It was still a glimpse. Your turn again."

I gave her another smirk before showing her the bulge in my boxers. "See what just five seconds can do to me?" I pulled my cock out, gripped it tightly, and then met her eyes again. I watched as she bit her lip, and I could tell there was some real desire there this time.

I sighed dramatically. "Only a few more days, and you can help me take care of this, right?"

She giggled. "Like you've been so deprived."

"I've never been this worked up in my entire life. I think about you constantly," I admitted.

"Same," she whispered. "I'll be there soon. Probably a bit fatter, though, so be prepared."

I laughed, "This may sound weird, and don't hate me for this, but that bump is sort of a turn-on. It's something we made together, and, I don't know, I'm pretty into it."

"There's a specific brand of porn for you," she joked.

"No, no, no, it has to be your stomach."

"New topic!" she changed the subject. "Will your mom be nice to me?"

"Wow, talk about a 180. And, yes, of course she'll be nice! She'll probably hug you forever and give you presents. Probably clothes for the daughter you both seem to think we're having and definitely aren't having because we are having a beautiful baby boy."

"You're hopeless."

"I'm right." I gave her a firm nod. "I'm going to head to bed, but I'll text you first thing in the morning. I love you so much."

"I love you too." She gave me the same sweet smile she opened with, and my heart melted, as always.

"I miss you already, Annie," I whispered before signing off for the evening.