Chapter Thirty-Six: Special

"Do you want a cup of coffee or tea or something?" A naked Christian asked me as he put on a pair of sweats.

"Tea would be great. Thank you." I smiled at him. He hovered over me and kissed my forehead before making his way downstairs.

As soon as he left, I heard my phone go off. I grabbed it out of my purse and glanced at the screen. Hannah — of course.

"Hey, pretty lady," I answered with no hesitance.

"Oh my God, Annie! I miss you so much! I feel like I haven't heard your voice in years! How are you?" I missed her too. A lot.

"I'm really good. How are you? How's the sunshine?"

"LA is perfect as always, but I actually have more bad news."

I let out a frustrated sigh. "What is it this time?"

"According to TMZ, you were on a dinner date with the MVP a couple of hours ago at a five-star restaurant on the rugged coast of Ireland. They wrote that things must be getting pretty serious."

I sighed again. "I'm sorry. I'll be more careful."

"Annie, you can date him, obviously; he's probably really good for your image. I just need to know what's actually going on. Is this going to be a real thing? Are you two doing this for publicity? Do you like him? Do you love him? You're not someone who generally goes on dates without promise."

"I honestly have no idea what I'm doing."

"I know that's not true."

"Well, I keep fucking him. That's a thing I can't seem to say no to," I sort of joked.

"Seriously? Is it good?"

I laughed nervously. "Yeah, it's . . . Incredible."

It was Hannah's turn to laugh. "You've got it bad."

"I can't come home in a relationship. I'm not ready yet." I could hear my voice growing softer as I reasoned out loud.

"Annie, if you have feelings for him, just take it slowly . . . And be honest with him about what's going on in that beautiful brain of yours."

"I'll try. I'm trying."

"Do you want me to do anything about the TMZ article and pictures?"

"No, it's fine. We'll see how it plays out. It was just a dinner date." Christian re-entered the room with a mug of tea in his hand. He put it on the nightstand next to me.

"Good attitude! Let me know if there is anything I can do. I love you. Have a good rest of your night with that sexy ball player of yours. Tell him I'm going to join you two when you get back to California."

"Oh, shut up. Love you too. Have a good rest of your afternoon."

I hung up the phone. Christian was looking directly at me. "Listening in?"

Christian smirked. "I heard a female voice inform you that she might be joining us." He winked before crawling into bed next to me. He settled on his side and leveled his face with mine. "Don't worry, I'm more than happy with all the crazy stuff you've already offered me." He placed a hand on my bare hip.

"That was the first time I've ever done that," I whispered.

Christian's eyes widened. "What? Are you serious? Not even with Asher? You should have told me. I would have gone slower . . .  And made it more special. Are you okay?"

I bit my lip. "I wanted to do it, but I didn't want ito make it awkward. And, no, not even with Asher. Also, how do you make anal special?"

"I could have really hurt you." Christian tightened his grip on my hip and moved closer to me.

"You didn't. I mean, it hurt, but it was great. I'd do it again . . . In a few days."

Christian grinned. "What do you want to try next?"

"I'm up for anything tonight." With that, I wrapped my leg around him and kissed him as deeply as I could.

I needed to figure out our relationship, but it could wait, right? Everything could wait for now.