Chapter 6

December 27, 2017

»Wolverhampton, England«

6:30 in the morning. Jet lag. And multiple texts from Tyler had began flooding through to Hadley's phone. 

Tyler: Good morning Hadley!

Tyler: you up yet?

Tyler: I'm at the coffee shop, want anything?

Tyler: Hadley

After the fourth text I had become fed up with the noise whenever I got a text.

Hadley: text me one more time and I'll "accidentally" trim your precious mustache.

Hadley: I'm feeling like a black coffee morning. Now hurry back.

Surprisingly I did not get a text back from him. I got up from my bed and to my bag to get a change of clothes to take a shower. Leaving my room, I walked down the hall to the bathroom. Knowing Tyler would take his sweet time to get back I took a long, hot shower and shaved. A bit later I got out, dried myself and got dressed, before putting my glasses on and opening the bathroom door. Steam gushed out the doorway and into the hallway. I heard a laugh come from the living room and I walked down the hall to see who was laughing. Seeing Tyler and Pete sitting on the couch somewhat surprised me. I had taken a long shower. What surprised me the most was that Pete had a smile on his face. I personally had never seen him smile.

"Hey Hadley." Tyler said waving at me. Pete smile disappeared as he looked at me. He rolled his eyes and looked back to the TV as Tyler began to speak again. "Come drink your coffee, it's getting cold."

I smiled at Tyler before grabbing it and sitting beside him.

"Thank you Ty." I smiled before sipping my coffee. "Also, you have a lovely smile, Peter."

"Whatever Hadley. I'll see you later Tyler." He said before getting off the couch and walking to his room.

"Awh Pete wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" I asked Tyler.

"He usually does." Tyler said quietly so Pete wouldn't hear.

"No shit."

"So what do you want to do today?"

"I was thinking that we should hit the gym today."

"Ah Hadley, you gym rat, we had the same idea."

"I figured we would."

"Let me go get changed and fill my water bottle and we will go." He said getting up. I nodded at him before he walked to his room. I got up as well and grabbed my gym bag from my room, I filled my water bottle and sat back on the couch again. He walked back to the living room a few minutes later and looked at me holding up his water bottle and small gym bag, shaking them slightly and smiling enthusiastically.

"Ready to go?"

"If you are." I said, looking at the time on my phone. "It only took you eight years to get ready."

"Hey, good selfies take time."

"Yeah, especially with the mug you got."

"Ha ha." He said sarcastically. "Shut up." He playfully smiled.

"Well it's true." I chuckled before he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Whatever, let's just go to the gym already."

"Alright." I smiled. We walked out of the house and to his car. As we were getting in the car Tyler began to speak again.

"You know, I almost saw a smile on Pete's face when you walked into the room."

I raised my brow in a questioning manner, not sure is he was joking or not.

"When you opened the door, it looked as if you had come back from space, with all the steam."

I rolled my eyes at him before slightly smiling.

"Yeah just like that!" He said, referring to my smile. "He smiled just like that!"

"Shut up Ty." I said closing my door and putting on my seat belt as he started his car.

Braun's POV

»Chicago, Illinois«

"She doesn't want to go..." I said to Seth as I set my phone beside me on the bed.

"What'd she say?"

"She said, "Oh hello, of course it's ok if I say no. I'm not obligated to say yes to a... coffee date..."." I said trailing off a bit. "As much as Seth or Tyler or even Trent would like me to say yes to you I'm going to have to decline. For many reasons."

"That's her usual response."

"She's always that harsh?"

"I warned you."

"There has to be a different side of her."

"She wasn't always like this." Seth said, I leaned forward, interested in what he had to say. "She was fun once upon a time. That was years ago though. She'd been hurt by a lot of guys. She dated a lot of douche bags back in the day. They were all bad for her. I tried to take her on a date once, she rejected me faster than I could say her name to ask her." He chuckled. "I understand though my track record isn't great."

"But she doesn't even know me."

"She doesn't have to. That's the way she works. She isn't a people person anymore, she hates going out now, she hasn't dated since.... since..." He trailed off trying to remember. "Page! Adam Page." He said.

"What'd he do?"

"Nothing that I know of. It was mostly his friends she didn't like. Especially the Jacksons, she hated those idiots. He was the best boyfriend she's ever had in my opinion, but maybe I don't know what really happened. I don't know."

"I'm sure someone could bring her fun self back."

"Whoever does is a miracle worker."

"That's a stretch isn't it."

"You're underestimating her. Her ability to hold a grudge is the easiest thing to her." He explained. "She always sees the worst in people before anything else. Now don't take this the wrong way but, she's probably already noticed tons of things she doesn't like about you."

I rolled my eyes.

"Who hasn't? Every one is a judge now-a-days."

"Her level of judgement is different. If she doesn't like you or gets a bad vibe off you, she won't act fake and talk to you like you're friends or whatever, she will not answer texts, calls or won't even answer if you call her name in person."

"Like that text where she asked who it was?"

"Exactly."

"She is known for unsaved numbers and asking who's texting her. I should know I've given her number out and it may have happened to me once or twice."

"So does she answer you now?"

"Sometimes." He shrugged. "All I'm saying is, if you're going to try to be her friend or whatever, don't get your hopes up."