Chapter 30

January 4, 2018

Hadley's POV

»Birmingham, England«

"Hey, I think I'm gonna head up to the room and read for a bit. I haven't had the chance to since Chicago." I said to Braun.

"I'll come with." He said, putting his weights back and grabbing his water bottle. "...If you don't mind."

I smiled at him, rolling my eyes playfully.

"I don't."

He looked shocked after I said that.

"Really?"

"Come on." I said grabbing his hand, dragging him out of the gym and to the elevator. I pressed the button and we waited for the elevator. "Hey um, for as much as we don't like Pete right now," I said, his smile faltered at the mention of Pete's name, "thanks for not choke slamming him through the table this morning."

"...yeah no problem." He said quietly.

"And for calming me when I wanted to go back and kick his ass."

"Yeah."

"And for a lot of other things but I'm not going to list them out and be a sap." I said, earning a chuckle from him as the elevator arrived. Braun let me walk in first and the doors closed us in the small space together.

"Saps aren't bad."

"I prefer not to be sappy."

"It's cute." He said causing me to blush just the slightest bit.

"Shut it." I smiled, trying to think of something, anything else to talk about. He smiled, gently squeezing my hand.

I had forgotten that we were holding hands. I couldn't tell if I liked it or not, so I didn't say or do anything opposing our connection.

"I think it's crazy we grew up just five hours apart. You did grow up in Camden, yeah?" Braun began talking, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up from our hands to his face. He must have noticed me staring at them because he chuckled. "I can let go." He said, reluctantly letting go of my hand, only to have me still hold his.

"I uhm- yeah born and raised. Wish I could show you around there. My mom and I aren't super closer but, if she knew I was bringin' a guy back, I'm almost one-hundred percent sure she'd make a whole thing of it." I said ignoring his comment. Braun smiled, clutching my hand again.

"My moms the same way. She'd invite my whole family and throw a party."

"Happen before?" I asked, he nodded, embarrassed.

"The girl was too city-like for my family though so you can guess how that relationship went."

"Sorry to hear that."

"It's alright, I think I found someone I like better." He smiled, I blushed again.

"Would you stop that!" I smiled, playfully hitting his torso.