Chapter 24

(Flashback Chapter)

September 28, 2014

Hadley's POV

»Camden, Greater London, England«

I had only been in the U.K. for a month. I barely had one friend here and was still finding my way around. I had graduated high school and moved from my small hometown of Camden, North Carolina when I was 19 to pursue wrestling. Moving from country to country working for different wrestling promotions and meeting all kinds of people. One of these people just so happened to be one of the best people I had ever met in my life, Adam Page. We had met in 2012 when I signed with Ring of Honor Wrestling and began dating about a year later. I left Ring of Honor in 2014 and now here is where I landed. Living with Mark Andrews in his house in Cardiff, Wales and wrestling for both Progress in the UK and Stardom in Japan. We were currently on our way to London for Chapter 15 of Progress Wrestling and I was excited. It was going to be my second show since I started working there and I actually didn't have a match. Mark suggested we make the drive and go watch the show. He also wanted to introduce me to his friends.

We were about twenty minutes from London and the show was going to start in about an hour.

"So, what're your friends like?" I asked excitedly, looking over at Mark as he drove.

"You'll love them." He smiled. "But honestly I'm only concerned about one of them. His names Pete. He's my best mate and doesn't always get along with everyone. He's a bit cocky at times, but he doesn't mean any real harm. I wanted to get you here early so I could have time to introduce you to him and get you guys on the right track for your friendship."

"Already planning a friendship for Pete and I?"

"A long lasting one, my dear." He smiled. "I just hope he's in a good mood tonight. Maybe we should stop off at a shop and get some coffees for us."

"What happens if he's in a bad mood?"

"A bit rude." Was all he said before pointing up ahead. "London's just up here."

I smiled and looked ahead, excited. Mark pulled into a shop's lot and we went inside to get coffees before walking back to the car and driving to the show's venue.

"Well Hadley, this is it." He said letting out a breath. He parked the car and grabbed his and Pete's coffee before we walked into the building together.

"Why do you seem so nervous Mark?"

He didn't respond and instead looked around.

"Hey Morgan, have you seen Pete?" Mark said looking to a holding a helmet.

"Just down the hall, mate." The man pointed.

Mark nodded a thank you to him before leading me down the hall.

"That was Morgan Webster, I'll formally introduce you sometime but we need to find Pete first."

I nodded at him.

"Ah there he is." Mark smiled. He walked over to a man putting on kick pads, and might I add, that he had a horrible haircut. "Hey mate."

"Hello Mark." He said, not looking up at Mark and I. Mark handed me Pete's coffee and motioned his head, telling me to give it to him.

"Pete, there's someone I'd like you to meet." Mark said, Pete looked up at me and then to Mark.

"Got yourself a girlfriend finally, aye mate?" He chuckled before, fixing his left kick pad and looking at us again. I smiled a bit at his comment.

"No Pete!" Mark said, exasperated.

"This is that girl that's been staying with me. Hadley."

"Yeah, that's me." I said awkwardly. "Um we got this for you." I said holding out the coffee to him. He looked at me for a few moments, unsure, before taking it slowly.

"Oh, the American girl." He said looking at Mark. "Why didn't you just start with that, Mark?" Pete asked before taking a sip of the drink and handing it back to me.

"Pete! We've been over this. People aren't your personal cup holders." Mark said, taking the cup from my hand and giving it back to Pete.

"I'm just joking, mate." Pete said. "So Hamley is it?" He asked me.

"Uhm Hadley actually." I said.

"And where did Mark find you?"

I looked at Mark, not sure what Pete meant.

"Stop making me sound like a shit person, Pete. It's still not funny. I found her at a Impact show." Mark said.

"She wrestle?" Pete asked.

"Not for Impact, just a fan. I've worked for Stardom in Japan since 2010 and have also worked for Ring of Honor for two years and now, well here I am."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-three."

He said nothing and instead nodded and turned his attention to his coffee. I heard Mark let out a breath.

"I've been training to be a wrestler since I was twelve. I've traveled this whole country and went to Japan as well and I've founded my own wrestling company. I'm only twenty."

"Good for you." I said. "Do you always brag like this?"

"Only when I'm trying to bring people down a peg."

I rolled my eyes at him and looked at Mark.

"This was such a good idea to have us meet." I said sarcastically. "He's the best." I said in the same tone.

"Pete, I told you to be nice."

"For what?" Pete asked. "I have no desire in meeting an American girl who has only been wrestling for four years. I'm sure I know everything she does, she's useless to me."

"Pete! I am so sorry Hadley."

"And I had no desire in meeting a British douche bag but here we are." I said ignoring Mark.

"Well, you came to the wrong guy and should probably go elsewhere."

"Fine, maybe I will." I said with a huff before turning away from him and walking away from him and Mark. I wasn't sure where I was going to go in the building but I knew I didn't want to talk to him any longer.