Chapter 37

January 9, 2018

Hadley's POV

»Birmingham, Alabama«

I knew exactly who was waiting outside and needless to say, I was pissed off. I stood from my seat and began to march toward the exit.

"Wait!" Braun said, I stopped and turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked angrily. My face softened when he put his hands up in defense, seeming scared of the angry expression I had seconds before. "What?" I asked, calmer this time.

"Should we get Seth? I don't know anything about what's going on. I'm assuming he knows it all." He said, I nodded urgently.

"Yeah, let's do that. I'm sure Seth would love to give them a piece of his mind." I said, beginning to walk only to remember, I didn't know where he was. "Do you uh- know where Seth is?"

"I - I actually... do not know." He said trailing off, causing me to growl in frustration.

"Then we'll have to do this without him." I said before adding, "let's go."

Braun followed close behind me as I briskly made my way to the exit to confront the men waiting outside. Once bursting through the exit doors I didn't see what I expected. Instead, there stood The New Day. Big E in the middle holding a cake, gyrating his hips while Kofi and Xavier held balloons on either side of him with huge smiles. The rest of the roster for the night, stood behind them and yelled surprise. I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration.

This had to be Seth's doing, I thought.

I thought correctly when I heard Seth yell happy birthday and come from behind me only to smash a cupcake in my face. My mouth fell open in annoyance.

At least it wasn't who I thought it was.

Seth saw the annoyed look on my face and made a smart decision by making a run for it.

"You better run you little -." I said before cutting myself off mid-sentence and running after him. Just a few seconds later he turned around started running after me. I noticed he had another cupcake in his hand and I turned and ran for Braun, using him as a human shield.

"Oh come on Hadley, that's no fair!"

"Yeah well... don't make me use him." I responded with a small laugh, causing Braun to laugh as well. He turned around and raised an eyebrow at me, chuckling a bit when he saw the smeared frosting on my face.

"How come you didn't tell me that it was your birthday?"

"I hate the attention it brings." I shrugged before glaring at Seth. "Thanks a lot Rollins."

"No problem." He winked, crossing his arms and smirking. I rolled my eyes and began to wipe the frosting off my face with my hands.

"I hate you." I said to him, licking it off my fingers.

"Don't make me smash this one in your face too." He threatened, holding up the cupcake he still held in his hand.

"Don't you dare."

"Try me babe." Seth smirked. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Braun by the shirt and used him as a shield before making my way to where Big E stood with the cake.

"Thanks for the cake E, but you know how WWE is when there's food involved." I said before grabbing a fistful and chucking it at Seth, hitting him in the chest. His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped as he looked down at his cake covered shirt. I laughed at his reaction before licking the cake off my fingers.

"You're so gonna get it." He said looking up at me with a smile and an evil look in his eye. I darted behind Braun once again as Seth threw the cupcake toward me, missing hitting someone else instead.

Anger boiled up inside me when I saw who it hit.

"What're you three doing here?" I asked coming out from behind Braun.

"Well, I came here not wanting to get hit with a cupcake." Adam chuckled, removing the cupcake from his shirt and tossing it to the ground. "You got napkins?"

"Yes, and you're not invited to use them," Seth began with a fake smile, "instead we invite you to drag your asses before-." He said getting angrier and pointing before getting cut off.

"Careful Seth." Nick warned.

"I suggest you keep your mouth shut, Nick." Seth said, turning to him then to Matt. "You too. What're you even doing here?"

"You'd think I'd forget Hadley's birthday?" Adam asked, reaching into the pocket of his jeans. "I got you something."

He handed me a small blue box that read Tiffany & Co. There were some "awhs" from the group around us as well as some confused faces and Seth just rolled his eyes as Braun looked on, confused about what was going on.

"Just open it." Adam smiled. "Please."

I had thought about opening it for a split second before shoving it to his chest.

"How'd you even know where to find me?"

"WWE tweeted saying that you were Baron's new partner for the night or something. We caught the first flight from Florida to here." Adam smiled sweetly, reaching to wipe some frosting off my face only for me to smack his hand away.

"That doesn't mean you -."

"I miss you babe." Adam said, earning an eye roll from Nick and Matt.

This again?

"That's not what we came here for." Nick said to Matt.

"I messed up, I know, but I want to fix things between us."

If you were hoping to catch me in a good mood just because it's my birthday, you're dead wrong. The sight of you three makes me sick. We aren't getting back together and I told you I never wanted to see you again!" I said angrily before walking back inside.

"Go with her." I heard Seth say. "I'll handle this. Party's over, sorry everyone!"