Chapter 36

January 9, 2018

Hadley's POV

»Birmingham, Alabama«

Tagging with Baron didn't seem all that bad until you actually thought about who he was. Or at least who his character was. In the few minutes that I had been tagging with him, I learned that he was actually angry, mean and powerful but, he was also whiny and a coward at times.

I just wanted to get this match done and over with so I could find Braun, that was if he was even here. Or even find Seth to talk to him, hopefully either option was available to me after my match.

"What're you doing?" Baron yelled, breaking me out of my thoughts. He had tagged me and I was still standing on the apron lost in my thoughts.

"Shit sorry." I said before scrambling into the ring.

Braun's POV

»Birmingham, Alabama«

"Where is she?" I asked Seth excitedly, walking up to his table in catering.

"She's out in her match right now." Seth mumbled, as he continued to look down at his phone. "I take it you two made up?"

"Yeah, we talked the other day. She seemed pretty happy to talk to me until I brought up Zelina." I explained.

"Yeah... probably not your best choice."

"I could tell. She kind of went hostile after that."

"Yeah, I know she didn't explain it to you so I'll give some minor details..." he said before lowering his voice. "Zelina stole Hadley's boyfriend back in their TNA days and Hadley is still sour over the whole issue."

"Wasn't that 2012?"

"That's why I said still. And don't tell her I mentioned anything to you. Just stay away from Zelina, unless you want to be on Hadley's bad side again."

"Ok." I nodded.

"And avoid Andrade the best you can too. I'm sure Zelina will use him against you and Hadley. She's tried it before."

"She has?"

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna sit here and tell story time when I know Zelina's got people following me or you around to listen in about anything that has to do with Hadley. I've got shit to do anyway. Catch you later." He said before walking away. I grabbed my phone off the table and began to scroll through my Instagram feed. "Oh hey Hadley!" I heard him say loudly. I looked from my phone and in the direction he had walked, excited to see Hadley. She was no where in sight.

"Hah, gotcha lover-boy!" Seth laughed as he continued to walk. I rolled my eyes before looking back down at my phone.

"Y'know," I jumped, hearing Hadley's voice. "if the girl who likes you finds you liking Instagram model's pictures again... she won't like you as much."

I turned around to see her already dressed in her street clothes, staring at my phone screen with raised eyebrows.

"I- I uh..." I said, failing to come up with anything to say.

"I- I uhh." She mocked me, snatching my phone from my hand.

"What're you doing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You're acting more calm about this that I imagined." She smirked, tossing my phone from one hand to the other.

"Well... not when you're tossing it around." I said eyeing my phone nervously as it went from hand to hand.

"I'm not." She said, tossing it once more before looking at the screen.

"It's not like I talk to them." He said, referring to the models. "You're the only model I need in my life." He smiled.

"You're gross." She laughed as she scrolled through my phone carelessly. "And very cliché."

"Speaking of gross -." I said before she cut me off.

"Oh boy, do I really want to hear this?" She asked, setting my phone on the table, giving me her undivided attention.

"Well it's not really gross -."

"Spit it out, Strowman." She chuckled. "No wait!" She said quickly, before I could say anything.

"What?" I asked as she grabbed my phone off the table.

"What's your passcode?"

"Umm..." I said, unsure.

"What?"

"I-."

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"Good, passcode."

"Scherr2013."

"2013?"

"It was the year I got signed."

"Hmm cool. Thank you." She sang happily.

She seemed in a dangerously happy mood and I didn't know how to feel about it. I think I was happy that she was happy but I could also be in danger. Where's the easiest escape route? Wow, I've never wanted to get away from -.

"Here." She said, sliding my phone to me. She had opened my notes app and typed something out. I grabbed my phone from the table and read it to myself.

~Be a sweet meatcastle and go to the gym and lunch with me tomorrow?~

I looked up from my phone at her in disbelief.

"You misspelled 'stop liking model's Instagram photos'." I chuckled.

"I'm serious. Gym rat Tyler isn't here to work out with me and eating alone is... just sad."

"Oh... I - I'll go with you."

"Thanks -."

"Hey Hadley there are some guys outside the building asking for you..." A stage hand said, trailing off, not sure what else to say.

"...ok." I said. "Thanks." I added before he nodded and walked away.

"Want me to join?" Braun asked.

"If they're who I think they are, I just may need you to join me." I groaned.