Chapter 17

December 31, 2017

Hadley's POV

»Birmingham, England«

Pete turned off the car after he parked in the Birmingham train station lot. He put both his hands on the steering wheel and sighed.

"For as much as I don't want to talk to you right now, I don't want to see you go." He said, staring at the steering wheel.

"I don't know what else to do, Pete." I sighed as well.

"If I had just-."

"I just need time to think."

"But you can -."

"No Pete I can't! Don't you fucking get it? I can't think straight when I have Father Trent on my fucking back telling me to do this and not to do that and couples councilor, Tyler Bate, trying to tell me how to work my relationships with him, you and Trent. I can't fucking think straight when I have Braun texting me non-stop about the dumbest shit, Carrano texting me about my job at WWE, me stressing out about my shows here and my Japan shows and my America shows. I can't take the stress of Trent being on my back about us and Tyler being bi-polar about us -."

"Us? There's no us Hadley, and you basically said there would never be an us." He said turning his head to look at me, I took a deep breath to try and calm me down for what I was about to say next.

"There's something I have to tell you Pete."

"What?"

"I don't fucking like you -."

"I know, that's the third time you've told me."

"I don't fucking like you Pete because... I love you. Okay?" I said. "I'll say it. I care for another human on this god forsaken Earth and I don't know how to feel. It's been stressing me out and I just have to go think." I said opening my door.

"So you're going to tell me you love me and leave?"

"I just can't be here right now Pete."

"Fine, go. I'll be here when you get back. Just sort your head out and call me whenever you've figured out whatever you need to figure out."

I looked at him, unable to read his expression again.

"I just hope you'll love me the same when I do ever return."

"I can't lose feelings that fast." He said, grabbing my hand.

"I hope that's true." I said quietly, turning to face him, cupping his face with my hands. "You're the best, Pete Dunne." I said before quickly kissing his lips and getting out of the car, I grabbed my bags from the trunk and walked into the train station.

Braun's POV

It was three AM and Seth and I were sat in our hotel room watching reruns of Family Guy, when Seth's phone rang.

"Hey Hadley..." He said trailing off. "Woah, woah woah what? My help?" He asked before laughing. "What's in it for me?"

He looked at me before smiling.