Chapter 43

January 15, 2018

Hadley's POV

»New Orleans, Louisiana«

"So what's he like?" I asked as we neared the beginning of the line in the Starbucks that we walked to.

"He's kinda sensitive and -."

"You're the most annoying -." I huffed, rolling my eyes.

"I'm joking Had jeez." He laughed. "He'd be happy with anything you gave him but -."

"What's he like?" I asked again.

"I was getting there."

I said nothing and waited for him to continue as the line continued to move.

"I'll just order it, don't worry. What do -."

"Last time you told me not to worry disaster followed." I crossed my arms.

"It's coffee, babe. What do you want?"

I told him my order as we made it to front of the line before he told the employee what we wanted. I handed money to him for the drinks before we waited for them to be made.

Once we got them we walked out of the shop and began our short walk back to the hotel.

"How can you drink iced coffee? It's January for God's sake." Seth smiled shaking his head at me.

"That's not even a question, how does one manage to spell Adam wrong?" I rolled my eyes, looking at the cup coffee in my hand that Seth ordered for Braun.

"No idea." He continued to smile before the walk fell into comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"Thanks for coming with me to get coffee." I said as the hotel came into view.

"Hey no problem." He chuckled. "Thanks for paying."

"I always pay loser."

"You do not!" He laughed.

"Mhmm sure." I smiled as we walked into the hotel and to the elevator. He pressed the button for his floor. It slowly went up before opening. He let me out first and we said our goodbyes before I went to Braun's room and he went to his.

I managed to hold both coffees in one hand to pull the keycard from my pocket and open the door. Just as I set his coffee on the table and sat on the end of his bed, he emerged from the bathroom, fully clothed with his hair still damp.

"Hi." I smiled a bit awkwardly, picking up his coffee again and holding it out to him.

"Starbucks?" He questioned, taking it from me and sitting next to me.

"It was the closest coffee place and Seth told me that you -."

"Hold on." He said putting a hand up to stop me. "You asked Seth for help?"

"Well I wasn't going to but, I forgot to ask you what you wanted and I wasn't going to knock on the door while you're in the shower and -." I explained.