Chapter 40

January 12, 2018

Hadley's POV

»Amarillo, Texas«

"So what did you and Braun do Wednesday?" Seth asked, bouncing his eyebrows as he tied up his wrestling boots.

"What's it to you?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Just some friendly conversation."

"You know how I am with the words "friendly" and "conversation" in the same sentence and as innocent as Wednesday was, I'm not going to talk about it with you."

"But we're best friends."

"You're also super annoying."

"Well you're -." He began.

"Hey Hadley." I heard from behind me. I turned to see Braun and a smile instantly appeared on my face. He put a strong arm around me, giving me a one armed hug before saying hi to Seth.

"Hey." I smiled, hugging him back.

"What the hell happened Wednesday?" Seth asked as he watched us.

"Just two friends hanging out." Braun smiled.

"Still just friends huh?" Seth asked.

"Yep." I said, looking up at Braun, leaning into him a bit. Braun hugged me a bit tighter and smiled down at me before looking back to Seth.

"We've both-." Braun began before I cleared my throat, cutting him off. He looked down at me again to see me looking at him with narrowed eyes. "What?" He smiled.

"I told you not to..." I trailed off before seeing Seth looking at us with a smirk.

"But he -." He began before I hit his chest, shutting him up. He let out a laugh before kissing the top of my head.

"Braun!" I groaned.

"Ok ok, I'll see you guys later, gotta go get warmed up for my match." Braun smiled, hugging me one more time. "See you later." He added before walking away.

"What the hell happened Wednesday?" Seth asked again.

"I've got to go get ready for my match too." I said, which wasn't a full lie. My match was fifth on the card and... you can never be too prepared. I just wanted to get away and not talk to Seth about mine and Braun's little date thing or whatever it was or wasn't.

"Ok, fine, fine. But I will find out!" He called after me with a laugh. I just smiled and rolled my eyes as I continued walking.

Once I rounded the corner a large hand reached out and grabbed me by the arm.

"Shit." I mumbled as I got jerked to the side but began giggling when I saw who grabbed me. "What're you -."

"Shh." Braun whispered trying to hold in a laugh, putting a finger over his lips.

"Hadley?" I heard Seth say. Braun and I stayed silent the best we could, holding in our laughs. After hearing no answer from me, Seth gave up and walked away down the hall.