Chapter 28

January 4, 2018

Hadley's POV

»Birmingham, England«

Mark had driven us to the restaurant and we had all walked inside to see Pete, Tyler and Trent already sat on one side of a table. We walked over to them and greeted them. I grabbed Trent and Tyler from the group.

"Can I steal you guys away I bit later? I went overboard with -."

"Yeah." They both nodded.

"We'll talk about it later." Trent said. "Let's just have a normal breakfast for once."

I nodded before smiling and hugging them both. The hugged me back, I let them go and motioned to Braun to have him walk over to us.

"I think it's about time I actually introduce you to Braun the nice way." I said, earning a chuckle from Braun, Trent and Tyler.

"Hello." Braun smiled, holding out his hand for either Tyler or Trent to shake. Tyler shook his hand first.

"Glad to "get these hands" in a pleasant way." Tyler joked.

"I didn't miss your stupid jokes, Ty." I rolled my eyes.

He ignored me and went to greet Seth, Mark and Flash. Trent shook Braun's hand.

"So you're the mate Mark has been warning about Hadley?"

"Ahh yeah that's me." Braun said, nervously.

"Best of luck earning her heart, mate." Trent smiled. "If you have the heart to fly across an ocean, no matter the reason, for her. You'll find a way to her heart, even if she is one of the most stubborn people that's ever existed."

I rolled my eyes at Trent before sitting at the table. I pulled my phone from my pocket as I waited for everyone to finishing greeting one another. I replied to some Tweets and commented on some Instagram posts, about the events that took place at the Progress show.

"I hope you're right." I heard Braun say.

Everyone soon took their seats and began to chit-chat amongst one another. I glanced at Pete to see him talking amongst the group. He looked as if he would rather be anywhere else. I didn't say anything to him though. He did tell me not to talk to him.

"So Pete, how are you doing?" Braun asked. Pete turned his head from Tyler to look at Braun.

"Oh I'd be just peachy if you weren't here." Pete growled.

"I was just trying to -."

"Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be back in the states?" Pete asked, narrowing his eyes at Braun.

"I leave soon, Had-." Braun began before being cut off.

"It was really stupid of Hadley to have picked you of all people to fly here and help her with that stupid little stunt she pulled." Pete spoke, Braun looked as if he were about to retort.

"Braun don't." I said, placing my hand on his arm, trying to keep him calm.

"Ah... So, the "Monster Among Men" can be controlled." Pete smirked.

"Mate, stop -." Tyler said before getting cut off by Pete.

"Shut up Tyler. I wasn't talking to you." Pete snarled, glaring at Tyler in his seat before looking at me. "And what's with you Hadley? You haven't said a single word to me since you walked in."

I narrowed my eyes at him. I wasn't sure if he was forgetful or just plain dumb.

"You told me not to talk to you, Peter." I said, trying my best not to raise my voice and cause a scene.

"And you listened?"

I looked down at the table, trying my best to ignore him. Pete turned to look at Braun again.

"I guess I was wrong about you being a bearded buffoon, Braun. Instead, you're just Hadley's bearded bitch." Pete smirked. Braun stood up and it looked as if he were going to reach across the table and grab Pete by the throat, but instead he stood and walked out without a word.

Everyone had shocked faces at what Pete had said. Except me, I was pissed. I stood and looked at Pete, anger clearly shown on my face.

"You're a real fucking douche, Dunne. I thought you were different." I said before walking after Braun.

I walked out of the restaurant and look both ways down the sidewalk before I spotted him stomping in the direction of the hotel. How had he gotten that far already?

"Braun!" I yelled, running to catch up to him. He stopped and turned to look at me. The sight of me seeming to calm him by the looks of his facial expression. I was soon caught up to him and standing in front of him.

"You should really zip this up before you get sick." Braun said referring to the sweatshirt he had given me. "I'm sorry for walking out and leaving you with all that, but if I didn't, I would've picked him up and choke slammed him through the table."

"I'm sorry about him." I said, after I had wrapped my arms around him tightly.

He hugged me back loosely, as if he thought he were going to crush and kill me if he held me any tighter.

"Hey, don't apologize for that douche, nothings your fault." He cooed.

"I just want to go back there and just -." I said, my anger rising.

"It's alright, sweetheart." Braun said, rubbing my back, trying to calm me. I slowly let go of him before looking up at him.

"My heart is telling me to go and tell him off but my brain is telling me to just hit up the gym to blow off steam."

"That damaged heart of yours." He chuckled. "As much as I'd like to go back and help you with him I think the gym is the safer option." He said enveloping me in another hug. "Mind if I join you at the gym? I personally didn't like being called a buffoon or a bitch."

"I'd like that." I smiled.