Chapter 15

December 31, 2017

Hadley's POV

»Wolverhampton, England«

I woke up the next morning rolling to face my window, slightly smiling to myself seeing my curtains closed, not allowing the sun in. I had returned to the house last night, basically unnoticed. Trent was brooding in his room, Pete was sleeping and Tyler had maybe turned his head from the TV to see me walk through the door, take off my coat and shoes and go to my room.

I sat up on my bed and decided to grab my phone, hopefully having some good news from anything at this point, on it. Except, I didn't have my phone. Pete still had my phone. It couldn't hurt to go get it could it? I didn't even know what time it was. I knew it was too early to go to his room though, as he may still be sleeping. I decided against it, not wanting to bother him. I laid back again, staring at the ceiling for what seemed like hours upon hours until the sunrise had peeked through my curtains.

"I guess I should get up." I said to myself before groaning. I got out of my bed and made my way to my bedroom door. I opened it slowly and peeked through it to make sure I wasn't going to have to interact with anyone. No one seemed to be up yet, I opened my door the rest of the way and walked to the bathroom, to see the light coming out from under the door.

"Damn." I said to myself. "I just knew it was too good to be true."

I heard the shower running and quiet singing coming from the other side of the door and decided to press my ear to it to listen.

Pete?

And that's not singing. Oh boy.

I quickly walked back to my room and shut my door. I laid in my bed again and covered my body with the blanket, trying to go back to sleep, hoping this morning was all just some weird, gross dream.

——

I decided to pick up my book and read a chapter or two or three before finally getting out of bed. I walked to the living room to see Tyler sitting on the couch watching reruns of Friends, half asleep. I slightly smiled before grabbing the blanket off the back of the couch. I put it on him before sitting next to him and watching the TV. I watched an episode alone before he woke up and looked at me before stretching.

"Oh, morning Had. How long you been up?"

"About forty-five minutes."

"You could've woke me."

"You know I wouldn't have done that."

"Well, thank you for putting the blanket on me."

"Yeah, you're welcome." I smiled, playfully hitting his arm. "You sleep here last night?

"Yeah, I got into an Office marathon."

"Sounds like something you'd do." I smiled. We both turned when we heard the front door open.

"I thought I heard you leave earlier." Tyler said.

"I made the coffee run today, since you were never going to wake up." Pete said, grabbing a coffee from the carrier and handing it to Tyler. "Morning babe." He said, kissing my head and handing me a coffee.

"Hey Pete." I said.

"I got you black coffee, only cause it makes you less moody." He smiled before sitting between Tyler and I.

"Very funny." I said sarcastically.

"Trent still sleeping?" Pete asked Tyler and I.

"He's still in there but there's a chance he's awake."

"Oi Trent! Coffee!" Pete yelled.

There was no response as Tyler smiled and shook his head.

"Yeah that'll get him out here, mate."

His door opened seconds later and Trent walked out looking as if he had just woken up.

"Aren't you always the one telling us to get up early, mate?" Pete asked. "It's eight AM, get it together." Pete joked, holding out a coffee for him.

"Shut it Pete." He said, sitting in the recliner next to the couch and putting his feet up.

"So, Pete." I smiled looking at him. "Have a good morning?" I asked, referring to earlier.

"Yeah, I guess." He shrugged.

"I'm sure you did." I said before looking at Tyler.

"What are you on about?" Tyler asked.

"Well you know the funniest thing happened this morning around six, six-thirty." I said looking at Pete.

His eyes went wide and he put his head down.

"So I got up to go to the bathroom, and just my luck someone happened to be in there. Peter. What were you doing in the shower this morning?"

"If you're just trying to embarrass me-."

"Oh that's a exactly what I'm trying to do."

"If he was jacking again, we don't want to hear it, Hadley." Trent butted in.

"Mate!" Pete said, turning red in the face.

"You do it quite often, mate." Tyler said.

"And we can always hear you." Trent said. "You need to control yourself."

I looked away from them and begun laughing to myself. I've never heard these stories before. It was damn near the funniest thing I've ever heard too.

"Hey I didn't want to hear it either, I just had to go to the bathroom." I said.

"I told you it's not polite to do it while Hadley is around." Trent said.

"I'm sorry I'm human, mate. I've got needs too!"

"I'd like to state, he has admitted to doing it just yesterday as well." I said.

"Hadley!" Pete said embarrassed. "Shut up!"

"Pete!" Trent scolded. "She's been here for not even five full days and you can't control yourself for that long!"

"Mate that's not even fair Ty-."

"Pete!" Tyler said trying to get him to shut up.

"Tyler!" Trent scolded him as well.

I smiled awkwardly, knowing I had accidentally scheduled a lecture from Trent to Tyler and Pete later on.

"Oof sorry boys." I said, still awkwardly smiling.

"You two should be able to control yourselves for the two weeks she is here. I don't care if she is awake or not or in the house or not. Control yourselves." Trent said, beginning his lecture.