Caught in a master's web

Heeelllloooo everybody!! Back again and working, even on labor day😜.

Anyway, as I write this story I see a lot of people reading and I once again thank you for those reads.

Please enjoy another chapter of the story.

Story........ Start.

The digidestined were standing in the desert, the digimon were digivolved and ready to demolish the control spires nearby.

"Alright who ever destorys the most control spires wins a special treat made by Daisuke!" Jun yelled in excitement, "And they don't have to share!"

Thus got the group riled up.

X-Veemon aimed his V-laser at a control spire, crushing it into bits.

"Amazing work my friend!" Daisuke said in encouragement.

Aquilamon knocked over a spire with his grand horn attack.

The control spire fell at the hit of Armadillomon's tail hammer swiping at it.

Nefertimon and Pegasusmon knocked over three spires with their golden noose. The three towers fell like dominos.

Kyubimon broke the three in a row record with a total of six in a row. Her dragon wheel was as destructive as it was beautiful.

Nainamon sliced four spires in two at once, but kept on going with the rest of the group's pace.

As they celebrated their count of control spires, no one noticed the tv portal switching to record.

Line break========

They kept destroying control spires for a couple more hours, then they went back to the real world for snacks and to relax.

"Here you go guys," Cody said with a bag in his hand, "Food from the vending machines. Candy bars, chips and cheese crackers. Eat up!"

The digimon quickly dove into the pile of junk food and ate to their hearts content.

"Take it easy guys you'll get a stomach ache." Cody warned the digimon.

Daisuke reached into her backpack and took out a small plastic container.

"Okay," she said with joy, "as promised. The winner of the most destroyed spires gets a special treat." She opened the container, revealing a delicious piece of chocolate cake.

The frosting was light and the cake was moist. Small pink roses were placed on the rounded edge, making it look like a master baker made it.

"So who won?!" Yolei asked in excitement, hoping that she was the one who won.

Daisuke smiled, "The winner with a total of 27 spires destroyed is......... Kari!"

She walked over to Kari and handed the cake to her.

Kari moaned in delight when she took that first bite.

"This is incredible Daisuke!" She said as she took another bite.

The others were depressed watching Kari devour the cake.

"Don't worry, i made a lot more back at home," Daisuke said lifting the spirits in the room, "How about tomorrow you all come to our house and hang out? We can have the rest of the cake then."

Of course everyone agreed.

"Hey guys take a look at this." Yolei said, typing on the computer.

The group walked over and saw the map of the digital world, a black square just blinked for a second then vanished.