Mates

(Because I'm a cliche fuq and haven't written anything in forever
Also Daddy kinks. Because I can)

I shift in my bed. Warm blankets falling off my body as I have a wild and vivid dream.

But unlike most of my dreams, this one was rather special.

When I woke up the next morning I was breathing heavily and had five things replaying in my head.

Creamy pale skin beyond compare.
Light brown freckles scattered like dust catching the suns rays.
Green eyes the color of tree tops.
The softest, fluffiest brown hair imaginable, overgrown and messy like a birds nest.
And the smell of cinnamon and hot chocolate.

There was no doubt about it. I'd just had my mate dream.

After taking a shower and getting dressed for the day I dashed through the small town our pack occupied. It was really more like a city, but who cares about technicalities?

The only thing that mattered was that we were such a big pack, not everyone knew each other, and that meant there had to be a way for mates to find each other.
And there was.
It was a desk, at the drop in health clinic.

"Good morning, what can I help you with?" The female behind the counter said with a fake smile.

"I had a mate dream last night," I simply said.

The woman gives me a once over. "You don't say," she says with a small smirk, but at least it was genuine.

"Uhm... yes? Why?" I hesitantly say giving the lady a strange look.

"Would your mate happen to be a tall male with brown hair and green eyes?" She asked putting her arms on the desk.

I was quite for a second. "Pale skin with millions of freckles?" I add just to be sure.

She nods.

I couldn't help but break out in a massive grin.

"He's waiting for you at the library," she informs me, and that's all it takes for my heart to flutter.

"Thank you so much!" I say brightly before dashing off and out the door.

"Anytime..." I catch her say as she watches me run out of the building.

(Skip skip. It's Time Skip!)

I stepped off the bus and stood in front of the library.

This was it. I was gonna meet my mate. I've waited so long for this.

Just as I get up the stairs and am about to go in, the door in front of me flings open and a guy muttering angrily to himself storms out.

"I should have known it was just a stupid dream. I'm such an id-," he says before nearly knocking me over. "Sorry, I'm just-" he looks down at me at the same time I look up at him. I had grabbed his forearm so I wouldn't fall over backwards.

It was him.
It was my mate.

His eyes widen in realization. "You came," he whispers softly.

I jump into his embrace without a second thought, wrapping my legs around his waist and arms around his neck. I nuzzle my face into his neck, he smelled exactly like he did in the dream. Cinnamon and hot chocolate.

He hugs me, tightly. "I was getting worried. It's been two weeks," he says running his finger through my pink fringe and black shaved sides.

"I didn't have the dream until last night," I whisper as I glance up at him from the angle I was at.