Monsters Are Better Than Humans (Pt. 1)

"Ey James!" One of the band members called out to me.

"Yeah?" I respond as I come around the corner to see the trumpet player beckoning me over to the stages curtain.

"The boss wasn't lyin', they're really monsters," he says with a scared look and I scoff.

"Oh stahp being such a baby," I wave the trumpeter off as I go back to my dressing room.

"B-But they are!" He stutters as he follows me and I turn the knob on my door before he grabs my wrist. There's a vampire out there and-and what looks like a zombie! Not to mention the big guy-"

"Is some kind of horrifying demon. Yeah yeah I know, now stop judging the costumers and get ready for the show, we're on in ten," I growl as I rip my wrist from the persisting mans grip and slamming the door to my dressing room.

Sighing heavily I feel my hand twitch, and when I lift it and see my hands turning black. It was creeping up my skin before I grunted and willed it to go back down. It took a little bit and the darker part of me surged forward. Stumbling over to the mirror I look in it to see my left eye pitch black and the whites quickly disappearing.

Cursing under my breath I fight against the force until I'm able to breathe easy and see my reflection is crystal clear and perfectly human.

Running a hand through my black hair and lightly messing it up I drop it back down to my side.

I was one of the singers at a popular club in the city of Greley, a town known for it's hoards of gangs. But recently there was a rather strange thing that happened.

The monster city Kegate had decided to expand their horizons, which meant populating other cities.

Now humans have never been perfect creatures, they were greedy and selfish. And far to many of them were racists.

Do you can imagine how many complaints the people of Greley had towards the monster of Kegate.

Now here's where I come into the picture.

My father was a monster... my mother was a human. She told me how handsome my father was, how he was one of the most powerful monsters she had ever met.

For my mother was a kind person, and she worked as a tradesman. My Father and her never were fully in love, but they did have a brief romance.

I'm told he had blue hair that was heavily saturated and unnaturally bright. His eyes were the same color with no whites to them and he had Snow White skin... except for his arms which were the same black that mine turn to occasionally. She took of me about how he was tall and lean, strong but reserved, cautious but outgoing. He was very charismatic and charming apparently.

So when I was a young boy I had to learn to hide my mysterious powers and looks. I'd picked different samples of genes from the two very different sides of my family.

My skin was white, and my hair pure black. My eyes were light blue and green and my smile was full.

When I was a child I got mocked for being so pale and having such sharp teeth. So I was a loner, but I didn't mind.

I was rather short and curvy for a male... which got me in some precarious situations over the years.

But because I was part monster I had a darker side to myself which I kept hidden. I had my father's magic which consisted of producing shadows, anything black, and even illusions. Honestly I wish I could be more open about my abilities... but I couldn't.