Soulmates

"Ow... fuck," I cursed as I pricked my finger with the sewing needle I was using to make my own patch. Groaning I scoot my chair back and get up to grab a bandaid.

"Stupid Lee, stop trying to rush things," I muttered to myself as I spray anti bacteria on my finger and wrapped a tiny bandaid around it.

Checking my phone I see the time and sigh, "Gawd dammit." And without skipping a beat I dash back to my room, grab my side bag of necessities, slip on a jacket, pop on a beanie, and voila; I'm out the door and off to work.

Which was rather cliche, since I was an pop punk aesthetic type that worked at a cafe. I was short, some would say cute even. I had light brown hair that was like the Tim burton mad hatter, but with some curls and waves mixed in.

Opening up the door I walk behind the counter and hang up my jean jacket, I had on a light blue and white striped button up, skinny blue jeans with navy blue suspenders, and a dark blue bow tie to top it off.

You could say I was having a blue kinda day.

Pinning the name tag to the left suspender strap I slip in next to my co-worker Stacy and help her finish up an order so she can go take another.

I love my job. I really do. It's so much fun being able to work in a quaint building that has so much depth to it. Not to mention the design, decoration, and food was phenomenal. If I could I would happily live AND work here.

Soon, Stacy's shift ends and I step up to the plate and run the register. Smiling like always I got about half way through my shift before I had to roll up my sleeves so they would stay out of my way.

My soulmate mark was visible, it was of a red rose on one wrist and a blue on on the other. Both flowers were incredibly detailed, and they had black outlines. But my most favorite part was the words around the roses, "a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet"

And in another ten minutes something rather unexpected happened.

A woman with gorgeous white hair and green eyes gasps. She looked about mid fourties and had a wedding ring around her finger. She pointed to my tattoos, "Those are so pretty! What does that say?" She asks curiously. She had a thick British accent like she just got off the plane a day ago.

"Heh. Why thank you. It's uhm... it's Shakespeare," I say turning over my wrists to show her.

Her eyes go wide and she covers her mouth with her hands. "Oh my word- Donnie!" She calls out to a guy around my age sitting at a table, she gestures for him to come over and he rolls his eyes.

It was so hard not to choke on my own saliva, because Donnie was gorgeous. He had the same bright white hair as his mom, but had died it black some time ago so it was just the tips left black at this point. He had a sharp jaw line, pale skin, and had a fuck ton of piercings that I found rather attractive. He was the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. Clad in ripped black jeans, a leather jacket the color of the night, and a crisp white t-shirt that had a band logo on it.

"Donnie look!" The British mom says excitedly pointing to my wrists. At this point I was blatantly staring at the guy, because there was no way the woman would be making such a big deal out of my soul mate mark unless her son had the same one.

Donnie scanned over my wrists before looking the rest of me over, and I quickly snapped my gaze away when our eyes met for the briefest of moments.

"Lee huh? What's it short for?" He asks in the same thick accent. As he rolled up his sleeves casually proving that we had the same exact tattoo. My knees buckled as I brace myself to keep standing.