Werwolf Experiment (feels)

(This chapter is really fucked up, I suggest skipping or braving yourself for one hella weird ride)

Fern's POV

This was it. My first day on the job, and I couldn't be more excited! I got to work at a mental ward as a care taker for one of their most important and well known patients.

His name was Denis Aguilar, or more commonly known as The Wolf. He was the first documented case of a were wolf, and he stuck to his story no matter what any doctor told him. They kept him in a mental ward for security purposes of both his safety and the safety of others. But he just took advantage of what he had, saying he'd find a way out eventually.

I've always been fascinated with monsters from an early age, and what truly makes a monster.
Denis is no monster, but werewolves are still hella interesting!

Once I got signed in at the front desk I headed up to Mrs. Kendra's office. She was the psychiatrist who worked closely with Denis and was told to check in with.

"Hello?" I knocked on the open door and the woman with the bright and curly hair turned to me and smile.
"Why Hello, you must be Fern," she says extending her hand and I timidly shake it. "You ready to go and meet Denis?" She asks and I eagerly nod my head.

"Alright, then what are we waiting for? Follow me," she instructs as she stands and leads me down a string of halls. We get to a hallway with a huge metal door at the end. She types in a code and pulls open the door.

I step inside and a distinct smell of cinnamon and pine trees hits me. Breathing deeply I circle the massive room from my spot.
Just as a smile comes onto my face I hear a deep rumble sound from my left. Turning to face it I see Denis in his wolf form of dense brown and black fur with grown eyes. Gasping softly I take a step closer.

"Careful Fern, he's been known to attack new comers," Mrs. Kendra advises and I nod before turning my head back forwards to see Denis sitting right in front of me. He analyzed my face for a time, but then he sniffed the air and then my shirt.

Stopping all movements he shifted into his human form and grabbed me by the waist. Squeaking I tried to get out of his arms, but his hold on me was to strong. I felt his pecs press up against my shoulder blades and his head in my hair, sniffing and growling occasionally.

"Denis, let Fern go now. You are not allowed to hurt him," she says strictly.
"Hurt him?" He blurts out in question. "Why would I hurt my mate?"

Mrs. Kendra and I stilled, neither of us moving a muscle. "Mate?" She repeats before pulling out a recording device. "How do you know Fern's your mate?" She asks and Denis sighs in annoyance.
"It's like your stupid human stories. He has a particular scent that drives me crazy and Fern's entire being was built for me as I was for him," he explains as he keeps a firm hold on me.

I didn't know how to react. This was all rather uncomfortable and shocking... but something about him made me feel at ease. Like he would always be there for me and protect me from anything and everything.
My eyes widened as I realized I was developing feelings for him faster than I should have. My cheeks turned bright red and I managed to duck down out of Denis's arms.

"Wha- ggrrrr," Denis growls and lunges for me. Yelping I dash for the door and press myself up against it. I thought for sure he would catch me, but he got zapped as soon as he tried to take a step past a clear red line I hadn't noticed when I came in.
"Get back here now!" He shouts in clear anger and I flinch beyond reason.

"N-no," I timidly say before Mrs.Kendra sets a hand on my shoulder.
"We need to talk," she says before opening the door at which point Denis goes back into his massive wolf form and howls his disagreements with me leaving.