The Next Joker

Timothy Hayes POV

"Now I know this is probably all really boring and I'm sor-" my boyfriend started rambling and I just wrapped my arms around him and kissed him.

"Babe it's fine. I think it's beautiful... in it's own way," I whisper softly before smiling at him.

Chuckling for a second he wraps his arms around me and pecks my lips before letting go.

He had wanted to show me the factory he worked in. It was full of all kinds of toxic chemicals and vats of random junk. I didn't mind, he was such a passionate scientist and so adorable. I'm lucky that such a handsome man would ever like a scrawny boy like me. I'm built like a stick after all, and covered head to toe in freckles with this crazy blonde hair that had a mind of it's own. I'd always been known as a shy book nerd in school- even in college- but when I met Derek he would come to the library just to look at me from two tables down. He was such a cutie.

"You know," he says breaking me out of my thought bubble, "they say The Joker fell into one of these vats and the stuff made him insane."

"Oh hush, that's just something people say to make him seem cooler. He's just a crazed maniac."

"That you always seem to watch on the news," he says with a teasing smirk.

"shut up!" I say punching his arm and he howls with laughter.

"Timothy?" I hear a deep and chilling voice say from behind me. Stiffening I slowly turn around and face one of my nightmares. My old bully who pestered me all throughout elementary, middle, and high school. He belittled me, and he ended up making me his fuck toy.

"Tim, who's this?" Derek asks, his arm was resting around my waist.

Hearing the bully growl I flinch and hide in my boyfriends side and whimper. The guy snorts. "Still a fucking wimp huh? Never grew out of that you stupid nerd," he spits and Derek holds onto me tighter.

"You can't talk to my boyfriend like that. And I don't believe you have the clearance to be up here, you're just one of the package men," Derek points out.

"Good, glad to know I found the right person," ex-bully says as he cracks his knuckles.

"Oh I've had enough of this," Derek says as he lets go of me and goes to call security.

Derek doesn't see it, but the worker is about to push him over the edge and into one of the chemical containers.

"No!!!" I scream and run in between them.

Luckily, I was able to get my boyfriend out of the way.

But in return for saving him, I got pushed over the edge and sent spiraling down into the massive pool of toxic liquid. I felt my body hit the water. I tried to swim out but my body seized up.

The last thing I remember was a net fishing me out and me gasping for air before passing out.

(Time Skip was sad about this predicament, he hoped it would get better)

??? POV

They brought in a new one in today. A boy, a young one. He's in a coma and the nurses don't know when he'll wake up.

One of the cops walked up to my cell and I waved my hand at him expecting him to tell me the news.

"He fell into a chemical pool at the factory. The one people say you fell into."

My eyes snapped to the man at the door. I lowered them slowly before dismissing him.

(Time Skip wraps himself up in a blanket to feel better)