Valentine (short)

"Just look at him... he's gorgeous," I whisper with my chin resting in the palm of my hand as I stared across the cafeteria at my crush... Mitch... Mitchell Kirk.

"You could ask him out you know," my best friend whispers into my ear.

My gaze snaps over to him. "Are you crazy?" I whisper yell. "He'd never accept."

"You never know," they says with a casual shrug.

"It's worth it to ask. That way you don't waste your time just staring at the guy," my close bud nicknamed Buzzer says to me.

"No. It can go so horribly wrong. What if I get nervous? What if-"

"What if I go over there and ask him?" They suggest cutting off my rambling.

"What?! No-" he cuts me off again with the screech of his plastic cafeteria chair.

"To late," they say abruptly getting up from the table and waltzing over to my crush.

I watched in utter horror as my very life weighed on the shoulders of my friend. Holding my breath I bit my pointer fingers knuckle as I waited for his reaction.

Buzzer talked to him and pulled out his phone. Even from clear across the room I could see Mitch's eyes light up. He looked around before Buzzer pointed him in the right direction.

Which was directly at me.

I sucked in a big breath as my face burst out red.

"I-I have to go," I stutter before abruptly getting out of my seat and rushing out of the cafeteria.

Going down multiple hallways I start to hear a set of feet following me. Walking a bit faster the pair of shoes followed suite. Once I turned into a dead end I whirled around only to be faced by Mitch.

I started talking shyly without looking into his... gorgeous eyes, "I-I don't know what my friend t-told you-"

"You like me," he says, seeming to be talking to himself.

I looked up at him, meeting his gaze. Biting my bottom lip I looked away. He stepped closer and tilted my chin up.

"I'm glad," he whispers.

"You- you are?" I ask meekly.

"Yes. Oh gawd yes," he says cupping my cheeks with both hands. "You are by far the sweetest person in Creative Writing and the shyest in world history."

Blushing brightly I am at a lost for words. "I..." I glance into his eyes and see a awestruck look in them. A love struck look.

Without another thought I leaned in and gently pecked his lips