Chapter 3: An Old Friend

The moro after, Sigyn saddled her white horse, she was dressed in her armour and ready to leave for Midgard, until a guard approached her.

"My Lady."

"Yes?"

"Skurge urges you to hurry, he says he hear's your companions in need."

The thought of Steve calling for her help struck her instantly. Her heart pounded and she pulled herself onto her horse and kicked the horses sides to take off in a light run. Her white horse ran gracefully down the rainbow bridge towards the observatory and she thought, what great timing Steve had.

She came to the observatory where Skurge was waiting in place of Heimdall, it still made her fume Loki had done that to their friend in the absence of Thor.

"My Lady." Skurge greeted with an accent as she dismounted her horse and sent it back. She ignored his presence and rounded the chamber, "Send me to Midgard."

"At once. But I must inform you that a voice was calling for you, or rather Heimdall."

"Yes, he is a friend." Sigyn replied bluntly. "And I told him to call for Heimdall if he shall need me."

Skurge cleared his throat seeing Sigyn's impatient face and inserted the sword into the panel. The observatory came to life and the turret shot a beam of Bifrost energy into space. Sigyn was sucked into the maelstrom and was sent flying across the universe.

In the skies of Earth, a hole was ripped open and the Bifrost came through. It hit the ground and left leaving a figure standing in it's place of the runes left behind. Sigyn looked around, she was not in New York, that much she knew, it looked like a foreign country. The trees were shaped oddly and the landscape was almost barren, except for the village set up under the night sky. The sleeping villagers didn't seem to notice the earth shake.

"I've been waiting." Steve's voice says. Sigyn turned to see him standing between two huts.

"Hello, Steve." Sigyn greeted. "I received your call."

"Yeah, it's Bucky." he says avoiding her eyes, it made her worry. "I've, uh... found him."

"Is he... alright?"

Steve looked up to meet Sigyn's eyes alas, the look worried her. She furrowed her eyebrows as he opened his mouth to speak but closed it again. He nodded his head in the opposite direction, motioning for Sigyn to follow.

Sigyn followed Steve though the dark dirt streets of the little village. "Where are we?" she asked.

"Outskirts of Wakanda."

"Wakanda?"

"A safe haven." Steve explained. "A place kept hidden from the rest of the world."

They came to a small shack, a house in ruins, but it was better than nothing. "Why would you come to hide here?"

"Things... happened." Steve says. "It's best if I don't say. Lest to say, Bucky is still wanted."

"I understand." Sigyn says. "Nothing was his fault."

"Thats the thing. The American government won't acknowledge that." Steve came to the wooden door and knocked lightly, "Buck?" he pushed open the door to a small living space. Steve stepped inside and surely, there was Bucky leaning against the wall.

"Steve?" Natasha replied softly, sitting on the worn out mattress across the small room.

Sigyn stood just outside the door, obscured from Bucky's vision. She examined her surroundings, the strange trees and environment, a strong spiritual energy flowed through this place.