Chapter 35: Death Shall Not Have Thee

Sigyn floated aimlessly amongst the wreckage of the Asgardian vessel, amongst hundreds of other bodies.

It wasn't until her body slammed into a piece of debris that jolted her awake. Her blue eyes shot open and was immediately struck with the view of a thousand stars and galaxies amongst with the floating debris and the bodies of her people.

 It was silent in space

It was silent in space. No noise. Nothing.

Her first reaction was to breath, but of course there was nothing to breath. Fortunately, her body is designed to withstand space, but only for a short amount of time and she has no idea how long she's been unconscious.

She thought for a moment, if she just let herself float out here until she died, that seemed like the better option. But the options wavered, she needed help. She needed to warn Earth. She still had a son to live for... and soon a grandchild. She needed to live for the memory of Loki and Asgard.

Sigyn turned her body around, she needed the find a way out. Heimdall had the sword, but for all she knew the sword could be destroyed or floating light years away in space. Sigyn kicked off a piece of metal and pushed herself forward slowly, she hissed with pain when her right leg shot with a burning pain reminding her of her serious wounds that shortened her life span if she didn't get out the situation soon.

Her eyes scanned the debris of the ship and the bodies. She pushed off other floating pieces of the ship that was laid to waste in order to move through the wreckage in search of the Bifrost sword.

Earth. She needed to get to Earth. The Avengers, she needed to warn the Avengers.

Sigyn grabbed onto a massive piece of wreckage, holding onto it, she looked around. A glint caught her eye, off in the distance there was the sword floating away amongst other debris.

It was a long shot. She pushed off the wreckage and shot herself threw space. Sigyn reached out her arm as she came closer to the sword.

Her hand wrapped around the handle of the sword as she kept floating further away from the wreckage. She held the sword tightly and revised,

"All-fathers, allow the dark magic to flow threw me."

The energy of the Bifrost shot threw space, picking her up along the way and taking her away.

She settled in the familiar sensation, she was going to be okay, or at least she thought. She drifted in and out of consciousness, her only thought was finding the Avengers.

~~~*~~~

"When you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world, this is not what I imagined." said Okoye as she walked beside the King of Wakanda with a squad of warriors flanking them.

"An' what did you imagine?" T'challa asked amused.

"The Olympics." Okoye suggested as they came to a stop at the landing pad. "Maybe even a Starbucks."