Chapter 59: Six Stones

The remaining Avengers sat in a conference room looking at screens with each Infinity Stone on the screen, brainstorming together. "Okay, so the 'how' works." said Steve. "Now we gotta figure out the 'when' and the 'where'. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones."

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near have been killed by one of the six infinity stones." corrected Tony with a coffee cup in hand.

"I haven't." announced Scott and Sigyn had to take in a calming breath. "I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about."

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym's Particle's for one round trip each" explained Bruce circling the long conference table. "and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history." said Tony. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in."

"Which means we have to pick our targets." added Clint.

"Correct."

"So, lets start with the Aether." said Steve. "Sig, Thor, what do you know?"

Sigyn swirled in the chair to look back at Thor who sat in a chair in the corner of the room with shades over his eyes, a beer can in one hand and his other hand in his pants. He remained unmoving.

 "Thor?" Sigyn called and rose from her seat

"Is he asleep?" asked Natasha.

"No, no." said Rhodey. "Pretty sure he's dead."

Sigyn lightly tapped the side of his face, "Thor!" and he still remained unmoving. She sighed with annoyance. "This is ridiculous... Thor!" she shouted and he jolted in the seat with a snort.

"I'm awake!" he cleared his throat. "What about the.... the thing... yeah?"

"The Aether." said Sigyn raising her eyebrows and crossing her arms. "Would you like to explain or shall I, so you may continue to sleep?"

"No, no." he waved her off and stood up from his seat and fixed his shirt and took a sip from the beer can.

Sigyn grabbed his wrist and took the beer from his hand despite his protests. "I'll have that, thank you." and she sat back in her seat beside Natasha as he rounded the table muttering things under his breath.

On the screen, an image of the reality stone appeared. "Uhhh, where to start? Ummm." he took off his shades and used them to gesture to the screen. "The Aether, first, is not a stone. Someone's called it a stone before, Ahem..." he pointed to Steve who furrowed his eyebrows. "It's more of a... an angry sludge, sort of thing. So, someone's going to need to amend that, and stop saying that." Thor threw back his head to rub something in his eye. 

Meanwhile Sigyn had her face in her hands disappointed. Everyone glances at each other with concern as he continued to talk.

"Here's an interesting story, though, about The Aether. My grandfather, many years ago had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ohhhh!" he waved his hands as if to initiate it a scary thought. 

"Scary beings. So Jane, actually..." an image of Jane then appeared on the screen next to the stone. "oh, there she is. That's Jane... she's an old flame of mine. She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time, and then The Aether stuck itself inside her and she became very, very sick so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where we're from, and we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my mother... who died and ummm. Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so..."

Sigyn saw this as a time to intervene before he made himself upset. She rounded the table and approached him.

"These things happen, you know. Nothing last's forever. The only thing that..."

"Thor, why don't you sit down?" she suggested pulling on his arm.

"I'm not done yet." he said kindly. "The only thing that is permanent in life, is impermanence."

"Yes, that's wonderful." Sigyn motioned for him to step away. "Why don't you have something to eat. What would you like, breakfast?"

"No." he stated firmly. "I'd like a Bloody Mary."

"I don't know what that is."

*

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." explained Rocket with the image of the purple stone while the Avengers sat around the table eating Chinese takeaway. Sigyn poked the noodles with a fork unsure about the smell of it.

"Is that a person?" asked Bruce.

"Morag is a planet. Quill is a person."

"Like a planet?" Scott said astonished. "Like in outer space?"

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything." Rocket patted Scott's hair as he ate Chinese noodles. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space."

*

"Thanos found the Soul stone on Vormir." Nebula explained.

"What is Vormir?" asked Natasha who was writing notes in a notebook.

"A domination of death, at the very centre of all celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister."

"I had to murder my brother for the throne if it's any consolation?" Sigyn added.

The room fell silent and everyone casted each other glances of concern and pity.

"Noted." Scott finally said slightly uncomfortable with the tension.

*

"There is a time where the Tesseract is kept in Odin's vault in Asgard." said Sigyn sitting upright on the table where Tony and Natasha laid on surrounded by books and coffee cups and Bruce who laid on the floor with pillows.

"Is it there at the same time as The Aether?"

"It should be."

"Perfect."

"What about that time stone guy..." Natasha said.

"Doctor Stephen Strange." corrected Sigyn

"Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?"

"Neurostuff meets rabbit from a hat." replied Tony rubbing the space between his eyes.

"Nice place from the village, though." added Bruce from the floor.

"Yeah, Sullivan Street."

"Hmm. Bleecker."

"177A Bleecker Street." Sigyn said biting her lower lip. "If I remember correctly."

"How do you know all this?" Tony flailed his hands.

"It's a long story." she replied.

"Wait, he lived in New York?" questioned Natasha.

"No, he lived in Toronto." said Bruce.

"Yeah, not Bleecker. It's Sullivan." Tony argued.

"I just told you his exact address."

"Thank you...!"

"No, I'm pretty sure it's Sullivan."

"It's Bleecker."

"Guys!" Natasha interrupted. "If you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."

There was a silence for a moment and Bruce sat up, "Shut the front door."