Chapter 26: The People Fight

"The Lady Sigyn!" a women called.

"They are alive!"

The cluster of the people marched across the bridge, Heimdall in the lead, "I'm glad to see you're alive." Heimdall greeted the princess. "And wearing something different." he gestured to her new clothes from Sakaar.

"I'm glad to see you too." Sigyn greeted and fell in pace, leading the people across the bridge.

"They are too."

"We need to move quickly!" Sigyn yelled out, her pace quickened. Hundreds of what remained of Asgard's people followed, women, children, men, the elderly and young warriors in training were all that remained. She presumed Hela had murdered the entire army of Asgard, which was nearly half the population.

Sigyn and Heimdall suddenly came to a holt halfway across the bridge, ahead was a giant creature. A wolf.

"Go back!" Heimdall ordered. The people turned in fear as the wolf ran towards, they pushed each other, screaming.

Sigyn's spear manifested in her hands and Heimdall drew his sword, both ready to fight the creature. Anytime now, Sigyn shouted in her head. On cue, the Sakaarian ship emerged from the clouds, shots rained down on the wolf stopping it in it's wake.

 The people no longer seemed to be moving, on the other side, the army of the dead attacked

Brunnhilde ceased her attack, the wolf was unharmed and it continued to run towards the people, behind it, more of the dead.

"What are those?" Sigyn asked hurriedly.

"Dead warriors Hela rose."

"Uh huh?"

As the wolf drew nearer, Sigyn and Heimdall readied themselves. The giant black wolf let out a loud roar ready to kill, but was stopped. 

Bruce fell from the sky and hit the bridge with a sickening sound, he lay dead or unconscious. the wolf skitted to a holt, it nudged the dead man with it's nose before it leaped over his body and ran towards the Asgardians.

Sigyn and Heimdall stalked forward, their weapons ready as the wolf drew nearer, the people screamed with fright. It's great big mouth opened and inches before the two Asgardians, some unseen force pulled the wolf back.

It was dragged back across the bridge and thrown around to the other side of the Hulk. The wolf hit the bridge and rose, glaring at it's new prey. The Hulk let out a defining roar, to which the wolf responded with one of it's own.

It leaped at the Hulk, taking the green creature in it's mouth. Hulk grabbed it's nuzzle and flipped the wolf, both falling from the bridge and smashing the side in the process.