Chapter 10: Return Of Thor

A/N

Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did. 

Who understood that reference. aha... none of us have lives.

===================

"Oh shit." Odin turned and mumbled to Sigyn, who sighed with relief. She was never happier to see anyone on her life. There stood Thor, sleeveless and carrying an object with horns and his hammer in the other hand.

"Thank the Norns."

"Ah, my son, Thor has returned" Odin announced. "Greetings my boy."

"It's an interesting play." Thor says suspiciously and walked around the gazebo, "Whats it called?"

Sigyn eyes Thor warily and he pace around. She knew that he knew Odin wasn't Odin. Regardless, 'Odin' sat back into his chair.

"The tragedy of Loki of Asgard. The people wanted to commemorate him."

"Indeed they should." Thor replied looking around at the stage and then to his father. "Oh, I like the statue. A lot better looking than he was when he was alive. A little... little less weasley, less greasy, maybe."

"Aha." Odin chuckled clearly offended.

 "I'm glad you have returned, Thor

"I'm glad you have returned, Thor." Sigyn chuckled with a wide smile and her hand clasped together firmly in front of her.

 "As am I

"As am I." Thor replied and held up the thing he was holding. "Do you know what—?"

"Ohh, the Skull of Surtur." Odin gawked. "Thats a formidable weapon."

"Do me a favour, lock this away in the vault so it doesn't turn into a giant monster and destroy the whole planet." Thor handed the skull to a guard.

Odin stood up and handed Sigyn his cup, "Thank you, dear."

She took the cup in one hand, looking down at it with a raised eyebrow and then back up at Odin.

"Um..." he stepped towards the pillars, fiddling with his rings. "So it's, um, back to Midgard for you is it?"

"Nope." Thor tossed his hammer into the air to catch it again. "I've been having this recurring dream of late. every night I see Asgard falling to ruins..." he tossed his hammer again. Sigyn's head flew upwards... she has been sharing the same dream almost.

"Thats just a silly dream, a sanctum of an overreactive imagination." Odin replied walking towards Thor.

"Possibly." Thor replied stalking towards Odin. "But then I decided to go out and investigate and what do I find, but the Nine Realms completely in chaos. Enemies of Asgard assembling, plotting our demise, all while you, Odin the protector of those Nine Realms are sitting here in your bath robe eating grapes."

"Yes, it's best to respect our neighbours freedom." Odin replied nervously.

"Yes, of course. Freedom to be massacred." Thor threw his hammer but Odin leaned to the side as it passed, Sigyn leaned back in her seat as the hammer flew forward before it reversed back into Thor's hand.

"Yes, besides I've been rather busy myself."

"Watching theatre?"

"Well, board meetings. Security council meetings."

"You really gonna make me do it?" Thor asked.

"Do what?" Odin challenged.

Thor scoffed and threw his hammer into the distance, "You know nothing with stop Mjolnir from returning to my hand." he then grabbed the back of Odin's head and held him in place. the guards all readied their weapons, but stopped on the order of Sigyn, who held out her hand. She wanted to watch.

"—Not even your face."

"You've gone quiet mad!" Odin stuttered as the hammer flew towards them. Sigyn watched entertained as the hammer flew closer.

"You'll be execute for this!"

"Yes, then I'll see you on the other side, brother."

"Alright I yield!" Loki's voice spoke from Odin's mouth. 

The illusion faded and Loki was revealed. Thor pushed Loki forward as the hammer flew into his hand. Loki stumbled forward with his arms outstretched, his lips a thin line. He had been exposed.

The people gasped with surprise, tho most wasn't

The people gasped with surprise, tho most wasn't. Loki looked towards Sigyn for help, but she sat with a smile. Loki spun on his heel to face his brother before laughing.

"BEHOLD!" Skurge pushed through the crowd. Sigyn's smile fell at the sound of his voice. He emerged from the crowd covered in a slimy green yuk, and breathing heavy,

"...Thor... Odinson...!"

Loki clicked his fingers, holding a finger in the air, "No, no." he turned to Skurge, "You had one job. Just the one!"

Skurge tried to justify himself but fell silent as Loki turned back to Thor

"Where's Odin." Thor demand angrily.

"You just couldn't stay away could you?" Loki flailed his arms. "Everything was fiiiine without you." he sang. "Asgard was prospering... You've ruined everything... Ask them—"

Thor suddenly lunged forward, "Where's father!? Did you kill him?!"

Loki stumbled back, watching his step as he back up onto the gazebo. "You've had everything you've wanted, you had the independence you asked for—" 

The back of Loki's knee's hit the couch and he fell back next to Sigyn who quickly shuffled out of the way before he crushed her. Thor held his hammer to Loki's chest and pressed down. 

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Okay, I know exactly where he is!"