Chapter 37: Elite Female Warriors... About Time

"I'm sorry?" Natasha shook her head, she was unsure she heard Sigyn right. "Asgard is what?"

"This is Ragnarok!" Sigyn exclaimed. "Odin is dead. Asgard was destroyed by the fire monster Surtur who was risen to kill the Goddess of Death, Hela, before she killed us all. My people had managed to escape, but Thanos hunted us down. He tore our ship apart with his army and The Black Order-"

"We've fought two of them, already." said Natasha.

"Then you know they will stop at nothing." Sigyn mused, flailing her arms dramatically. "They murdered my people in cold blood. Forced Loki to give up the Tesseract. just to have the Space Stone inside it..."

"You were calling for Loki." Steve recalled, rubbing his chin.

Sigyn found herself short of breath, "Loki tried to kill Thanos, the fool! He... I was forced to watch as Thanos... I don't even know if Thor is alive."

The laboratory went silent with shock. Sigyn didn't have to say it, Loki gave up his life for her. But it was hard to accept the possibly that Thor might be dead too.

"He will do the same here." Sigyn broke the silence. "Unless we stop him."

"How do we stop him?" Steve asked.

"I don't know." Sigyn answered quietly. "If I'm guessing he already has three of six Infinity Stones, more maybe."

The room fell silent again. Shuri, on the other hand, had to refrain from smiling. Inside she was fan-girling. Sigyn, a member of the Avengers and princess of Asgard, was standing here, in her lab. She knew there was no time to be excited in a situation like this. 

"Last time we saw you, you were talking about how we might never see you again." Natasha announced concerned. "And yet, here you turn up, half dead. How did you know what was going to happen?"

"I didn't know what was going to happen." Sigyn replied. "The Seeress told me Ragnarok was upon us, She was coming, whom was Hela. And then she spoke of he who would be our true desolation. I now know she spoke of Thanos. So I had reason to believe I would die, our deaths are prophesied in Ragnarok—"

"Along with the destruction of Asgard, and the Nine Realms to follow, all going threw different ages." Shuri explained proudly with a small smile. "It's basically the end of the gods."

 "You are smart, child

"You are smart, child." Sigyn commented making Shuri smile widely. "I can travel to Vanaheim, I can ask my Father to lend me his army." Sigyn declared. "With the force of Wakanda and Vanaheim, we can defeat Thanos. Where is the sword?"

Shuri pointed to a table where the Bifrost sword laid. Sigyn marched over to the table and took the sword in her hand.

An alarm then sounded from Okoye's bracelet. She quickly attended to the bracelet around her wrist. "Something entered the atmosphere." Okoye announced looking at the hologram of the Earth on her bracelet.

"We're out of time!" Sigyn cursed, the sword dematerialised. There was no time to get to Vanaheim and bring back an army. She then marched over to Wanda and said, 

"If the Stone is not removed and destroyed, I will not hesitate to destroy it. Whether it kills the Vision, I will destroy it and your magic will not be able to stop me next time."

Wanda shook her head, "I will destroy it. It's my responsibility."

"Good."

Sigyn and Wanda stood face to face for a moment, their eyes locked. A voice then called Steve over the earpiece saying, "Hey Cap, we got a situation here."

In the distance, a thunderous bang shook Wakanda as a ship crashed into Wakanda's shields and exploded.

Sigyn was first to break eye contact, she swiftly turned on her heel and marched towards the wide open windows where they all watched as several more ships crashed outside of the shield in the plain's just beyond the city.

"It's too late." said Vision. "We need to destroy the Stone now."

"Vision," Natasha warned and she marched towards him to push him back onto the table. "Get your ass back on the table." 

"We will hold them off." T'challa says passing Steve with the Dora Milaje following in tow.

Okoye stood beside Sigyn who stared out of the windows, "Princess, if you will do the honours of joining us?"

Sigyn's blue eyes trailed over the Wakandan Warrior, she reminded her of Heimdall in every way. "Of course."

Okoye nodded her head and gestured for Sigyn to follow the Dora Milaje.

"Wanda." Steve called, "As soon as that Stone's out of his head. You blow it to hell."

"I will."

"Evacuate the city!" T'challa ordered. "Engage all defences..." he then stopped and turned to look at Steve,

"...And get this man a shield."