Chapter 27: Flirting With Death

"You're late." Thor approached his brother once the last of the dead were defeated.

"And you're missing an eye." Loki replied short of breath. Sigyn rejoined his side, leaning on her spear.

"This isn't over." Brunnhilde flew past the three royals. Thor took no time to hesitate and followed her lead. Sigyn sighed heavily, also catching her breath.

"Too much action." she said with a smile. Loki chuckled lightly in response, both following Thor and Brunnhilde. The four stood in a line across the bridge as Hela slowly walked along the bridge.

"Look." Thor says, "I think we should disband the Revengers."

"That's you're concern?" Sigyn asked looking ahead at the approaching Goddess of Death.

"Hit her with a lighting blast." Loki suggested.

"I just hit her with the biggest lightning blast in the history of lighting." Thor complained. "It did nothing!"

"We just need to hold her off until everyone's on board." said Brunnhilde.

"It won't end there." Thor says with a sigh, "The longer Hela's on Asgard, the more powerful she grows. She'll hunt us down. We need to stop her, here and now."

"So what do we do?" Sigyn asked.

"I'm not doing 'get help'." Loki suddenly turned and said, it nearly Sigyn chuckle.

"Doing what?" she whispered.

"I'll explain later." Loki whispered back.

Sigyn furrowed her eyebrows, surely this was some 'thing' the two brothers had that she didn't know about. Thor took a step forward, looking at Hela before looking over his shoulder at the people who boarded the ship.

"Asgard's not a place. It's a people." Thor revised, "Loki! This was never about stopping Ragnarok. This was about causing Ragnarok. Surtur's crown, the Vault."

Loki stepped forward, eyeing his brother with uncertainty. "Bold move, brother. Even for me."

Loki brushed past his wife as he ran the other way towards the ship they escaped Sakaar on. That then left the three to face Hela.

"Shall we?" Thor says to the two women.

"After you." Brunnhilde says.

Thor's body lit up with electricity and he flew towards Hela. Hela produced two sword from nothing and threw them at Thor, who incinerated them. Thor then swung his own sword at Hela who only just dodged them.

Sigyn and Brunnhilde both kept up in pace behind the two fighting, ready to bounce in. Thor flew forward, his sword erect at Hela's face. She merely bent back as Thor flew over her head, she came back up to face Brunnhilde first who gave a kick to her face before swinging her sword. Hela brought up her arm and blocked the sword and threw Brunnhilde over her head and across the bridge.

Sigyn took the opportunity of Hela's turned back and skilfully spun her body with her spear protruding. Hela was fast enough to turn and catch her spear, but Sigyn was faster, she untwisted the other half away and attempted to stab it threw her chest. She missed by inches as Hela turned her body away, she kicked out her leg and landed a heavy blow to Sigyn's side that sent her and her weapon tumbling.

Thor flew back into action, and again incinerated the swords Hela threw at him. Lighting erupted from the end of his sword as struck Hela down into the bridge with an echoed thud.

Hela rolled to the side as Thor then struck the blade into the bridge where she was seconds ago. She spun into the air and threw multiple sword at Thor, the second now hitting it's mark. The force was enough to send him flying back and knocked the sword from his hand.

The stolen ship then flew over their heads with Loki inside as he raced towards the palace. "This is madness."

Sigyn was quick to spring into action, her spear as one again. She danced around Hela trying to hit vital spots but was only stopped by Hela's retaliation. Hela grabbed Sigyn's spear and violently spun it around, it enough to spin Sigyn with it before ripping the spear from her grip.

Sigyn hit the bridge on the roll and before Hela could strike her, Thor flew into her, he threw a punch with she dodged and tried to conjure another sword. This gave Thor the opportunity and she grabbed her arm and threw her over his head. Hela was able to regain her balance mid air as she came to fight Brunnhilde. She conjured a sword and threw it for Brunnhilde to smack away with her own sword.

Hela came to her feet and ducked under the swing of the Dragonfang. By this time Sigyn had come to her feet to help.

Hela threw back Brunnhilde and came to face Sigyn again. Hela caught her spear again and growled withe annoyance; repetition. But what caught her off guard was Sigyn's smile of delight, with speed, she released one hand and conjured a dagger and swiped upwards. Hela only managed to dodge by a hairline. She growled again and caught Sigyn's arm which allowed her to bring up her leg and knee Hela in the stomach. She nearly doubled over before she retaliated and struck the princess hard across her face.

Sigyn was sent down into the bridge, the side of her face throbbed something awful. 

"Go! Go now!" Thor yelled at Heimdall who waited on the bridge. The people had all been safely boarded.

Hela then turned her attention to Thor. She threw pikes at Thor, one he managed to knock away before another struck him in the shoulder and Hela threw him across the bridge.

The ship's thrusters ignited and began to pull away before Hela conjured a massive spike from the sea to hit the ship and keep it in place as the dead began to climb the column. Skurge jumped from the ship, firing two guns. The weapons break the column and killed the dead.

"Hela!"

The goddess' attention was now drawn the to Asgardian warrior. She sighed heavily, as he came at her, firing at the few left dead warriors, until the bullets ran out. He head-butted a warrior and then smashed one gun into another.

Before he could advance any further, Hela conjured a sword and threw it at him. The sword flew into Skurge's chest. The force of the blow sent him back, dead.

What was most important was the ship that was now able to get away with the Asgardian people onboard.