Chapter 17: No Escaping Destiny

"Is there nothing we can do to help?" Sigyn says marching into the suit with Loki following in pursuit.

"I'm afraid not, no." Loki replied. "But I just placed a large wager against him—"

"You did what?" Sigyn spun around. She wasn't exactly surprised to hear that Loki would bet against him.

"I have faith that he can beat, whoever this champion is." Loki explained. Sigyn opened her mouth to protest, but fell silent. That caught her off guard, Loki had bet that Thor would win. She would have thought he would be rooting against his brother. But there was one thing on her mind that worried her.

"But, Mjolnir?" she said. "Hela destroyed it. How can he hope to fight?"

"Yes..." Loki too realised. He faltered slightly. "But if Thor realises he doesn't exactly need the hammer..."

"What are you implying?" Sigyn asked curiously, she wadded over to the spa pool, and knelt beside it. She dipped in her hand to find the water was warm. A warm bath would be nice.

"I should probably see how he's handling things..." he dismissed her question. She turned back, watching as he casted his magic. He stood looking at nothing, and began talking to someone who wasn't there.

"...All who die a glorious death." He paused, listing to the reply.

Of course, he was talking to Thor. Sigyn stood again and shook the water from her hand. She listened to Loki speak to himself.

"Hurts doesn't it? Being told one thing and learning it's all fiction?" He paused before he chuckled. "Did you really think I'd come and see you, look at this place, it's disgusting."

He sighed, "Does this mean you don't want my help? I couldn't jeopardise my position with the Grandmaster or put Sigyn in danger. It took me time to win his trust. He's a lunatic but he can me amenable. What I'm telling you is, you could join Sigyn and I, at the Grandmaster's side, perhaps in time an accident befalls the Grandmaster and theeeen...." he trailed off, making hand gestures, to the 'person' who wasn't there, to himself and then gave a thumbs up.

Sigyn kicked off her boots and unclasped the blue leather vest she wore and then tossed aside her pants.

Loki's arms fell back at his side and his face dropped, "....You're not seriously thinking of going back are you?" he stepped forward, "Our sister, broke your hammer like a piece of glass. She's stronger than both of us, she's stronger than you- you don't stand a chance. Do you understand what I'm saying to you?" he scoffed, "Alright. I guess we'll just have to go at it alone... Like we've always done... Would you say something? Say something!"

Loki paused for a minute, listening to Thor speak. Before sighing and saying, "You know, I haven't seen this beloved champion he talks of, but I've heard he's astonishingly savage. I've placed a large wager against you tomorrow, don't let me down."

Loki turned away, coming back to reality. His eyes trailed towards Sigyn in the tub, dipping her head under the water.

"So?" she says resurfacing. "You really plan on staying here?"

Loki flailed his arms, unable to explain himself. "I know your upset—"

"-Upset is an understatement." she rung out her hair. "You promised we'd find a way out of here."

"I know..." he slowly trekked over to the tub. "I know. But, I'm just thinking, if we can't..."

"We can't abandon our people, Loki. Because then what kind of king would you really be?" she explained. "One that abandons his people in a time of crisis- or Ragnarok in this case. Or would he stay and fight?"

"..Fight." he replied softly. Sigyn giggled at his image, he really looked like a child being scolded. His eyes shot up and she realised he thought she was laughing at him.

"My love, I am not laughing at you." she swam to the edge, propping her arms onto the side. "I'm laughing because I think you're cute."

"I'm not cute." he mumbled shyly under his breath which only made Sigyn laugh again. He shook his head letting out an airy laugh, he thought he probably looked stupid getting flustered.

Sigyn rested her chin on her arms, admiring him. "Why don't you join me?"

Loki chuckled and shook his head, he couldn't help the smile on his face. Sigyn laughed and pushed back off the wall of the tub.

"Might as well make the most of it while we're here."

Sigyn says and dipped her head under the little water fall. Loki absentmindedly rubbed his eye and kicked off his boots, shortly followed by his vest and pants. Loki laughed to himself, seeing Sigyn distracted under the water fall, he let himself fall into the tub.

Sigyn was surprised when the water suddenly lifted and washed over her face in a wave of unpleasantness, followed by Loki laughing. She spat out a stream of water from her mouth and turned her glare onto him. He always had to be naughty.

"I'm making the most of it." he shrugged innocently and swam over to her. "Just like you said."

His hands cupped her cheeks and he pulled her into a deep kiss. Sigyn wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her chest against his. Loki moaned into the kiss and his hands trailed down to her sides.

Sigyn heard what sounded like a shuffle, she opened her eyes to catch a glance of the Grandmaster standing at the edge of the tub with a wide smile. She gasped with surprised and broke away from the kiss. Loki furrowed his eyebrows, confused. He caught Sigyn's gaze and turned, his immediate reaction was to turn his body around to face the Grandmaster and hide Sigyn behind him.

"Grandmaster!?" Loki greeted awkwardly. Sigyn's eyes were wide and her cheeks were turning a dark red, her hands held onto either side of Loki's shoulder, hiding herself behind him.

"Oh, no, please, don't stop on the account of me." He laughed. "But I only came here to ask about your brother..."

"Ah." Loki nodded and pursed his lips.

"He seem's so adamant on leaving, but I have come to like you both." he explained, "... You're not planning on... leaving?"

"Of course not!" Loki chuckled. "It's brilliant here, isn't it, Love?"

"Yes, yes!" Sigyn forced a smiled before muttering in Loki's ear. "Don't drag me into this."

The Grandmaster smiled at this, he giggled and clasped his hands together saying, "Well, you would do well to know that should you, lets say, betray me? There will be some.... sever consequences."

"You have made that very clear, yes." Loki replied with a nod.

"You don't happen to have a room for a third do you?" The Grandmaster asked boldly, gesturing to the couple in the tub.

"Uh..." Loki found himself short of breath. He just ended up laughing it off, "Well-"

"Perhaps not today." Sigyn stepped in. "As a loving wife to my husband, I would ask that we have our time alone."

"Hm?" The Grandmaster hummed with delight before giggling again. "Alone time. I understand, I mean what could it have hurt to have asked to join."

"It hurt no one." Sigyn chuckled lightly. She could totally take him on with no problem.

"See!" he gestured his hand towards her. "No harm done! But don't think I won't forget on that 'next time' offer."

The Grandmaster's eyes trailed over Loki and Sigyn one last time before he turned swiftly on his heel and exited the suit. Once Sigyn was sure he was gone, she pushed herself off Loki and said,

"You're immediate reaction wasn't to say 'no' to him?"

"Well, I, uh..." Loki tried to justify himself but found himself short of words. "It's not exactly everyday the people of Asgard ask to join the prince and princess in bed."

"Oh?" Sigyn replied curiously. "That's a new excuse."

Loki sighed defeated, "I'm sorry, he just... caught me off guard. What'd you want me to say?"

"You are forgiven." Sigyn smiled warmly and pecked his lips lightly.