Chapter 51: The World Serpent

The fresh scent of salty air filled her nose and the light breeze played with her hair while Sigyn stood on the edge of the same cliff that Odin perished with Brunnhilde at her side.

"I don't see anything." Brunnhilde announced.

Sigyn rounded the rocks and stood feet from the edge of the cliff. She peered over the side and down at the waves that crashed into the cliffs side.

"So..." she clasped his hands looking around. "Now what?"

Sigyn looked out over the ocean with her heart racing

Sigyn looked out over the ocean with her heart racing. She was nervous. She had no idea if this would work or what would happen. "We summon The World Serpent." the horn materialised in her hands.

"Whoah!" Brunnhilde held out her hands. "We're what? Why?"

"I have to speak to The Norns. This is the only way."

"How is a giant snake going to do that?"

"It's not the snake. It's what he's sleeping on. The Lake of the Nine."

"That place is a myth."

"One way to find out."

Sigyn brought the horn to her mouth and blew. A eerie loud rumble echoed from the horn and over the ocean. She lowered the horn waiting.

Brunnhilde looked around expecting something to happen. Sigyn looked around when nothing happened. She bit her lip nervously, "I don't understand."

"Try again?" Brunnhilde suggested.

Sigyn waited a moment before bringing the horn to her mouth, but stopped. Brunnhilde furrowed her eyebrows.

"Do you feel that?"

"Yeah?"

The ground began to tremble lightly under their feet. The ocean level slowly lowered before it rapidly rose, the trembling grew stronger as the waves reached halfway up the cliff side.

 The ocean grew rougher and the trembling grew stronger, for as far as Sigyn could see, the ocean created giant waves

The ocean grew rougher and the trembling grew stronger, for as far as Sigyn could see, the ocean created giant waves. A smile formed on her face. She was right.