Chapter 12: Twilight Of The Gods

As Strange stood, the surroundings changed again. Thor stumbled, spilling his drink while Strange was looking down at a book and Sigyn remained unfazed.

"...Seeing if the incantation will require any Asgardian modification..." he flipped threw the pages.

"It won't." Sigyn informed. Incantations was her area of expertise. Strange looked up to her and then to the book.

"...Nope." he confirmed and slammed the book shut, and when he did, he moved places to the table a few feet away. "Oh, we don't need that." he said as Thor gripped the book shelf for support and split half his drink again.

Again Strange teleported and Thor was pushed into the bookshelf, knocking the top shelf over and the books split to the floor with the rest of his drink.

"Will you stop doing that." Thor muttered and placed down his mug and marched after Strange who was no across the room, Sigyn followed in pursuit.

"Can I just..." Strange turned. "I just need one strand of your hair."

"Let me explain something. My hair is not to be meddled with—"

Sigyn then plucked a few strands from the back of Thor's head. "Ah!" he grumbled and rubbed the back of his head. Sigyn walked the hairs over to Strange and handed it to him,

"That should be enough." she smiled and placed them in his hands. He looked down and back up at her. He let out a breath and straightened out the strand, sparks flew and the setting changed again.

They were now standing in the front lobby while Strange worked his magic. Meanwhile Thor rolled down the steps and casually stood up, trying to shake it off. Strange moved his hands and with it, the sparks changed shape until he pushed it out into the air and opened up a portal. On the other side showed a green scenery.

"We could have just walked." Thor shrugged towards the stairs.

"He's waiting for you." Strange gestured to the portal.

"Alright." Thor nodded.

"Oh, don't forget your umbrella."

"Oh, yes." Thor held out his hand. Followed shortly by the sound of glass smashing and things breaking. "Sssssorry." Thor dragged out, until the umbrella flew to his hand and he brushed off the glass.

"I suppose I'm going to need my husband back." Sigyn clasped her hands together.

"Oh, yeah right." Strange said and turned his hands into the air. A portal opened up above them followed by an approached screaming from Loki. He fell through the portal and landed flat on his stomach with a loud thud.

"Ohh." Sigyn grimaced.

"I have been falling—!" He yelled and flicked his hair back. "—For thirty minutes!"

"You can handle him from here." Strange said. Loki moaned and groaned as he pulled himself to his feet.

"Yes, of course." Thor held out his hand to shake Strange's hand. "Thank you very much for your help."

"Handle me?" Loki muttered standing to his feet huffing and puffing. "Who are you?" he threw out his hands with a swing two daggers appeared.

"Loki..." Sigyn held out her arm, warning him.

"You think your some kind of sorcerer?" Loki asked. "Don't think for one minute, you second rate—" Loki lunged forward, Sigyn hand brushed past his arm. She did not make any movement to stop Loki from stabbing Strange.

"Alright!" Strange held out his hand to the portal, "Bye, bye!"

Strange's hand moved forward and with it the portal. It swept over the three Asgardians and they were now standing in Norway. Loki fell through the portal and landed on his face again.

"Are you alright, my love?" Sigyn asked as he propped himself up. Loki rolled over, looking at something. Sigyn and Thor both turned to see Odin standing at the edge of a cliff.

Thor stepped forward slowly and began to approach his father. Sigyn turned back, offering her hand to Loki. He took it allowing her to help him to his feet. Together they followed Thor, hand in hand. Loki's grip tightened in her hand nervously. She gave his hand a light squeeze, reassuring him she was there for him.

He looked at his wife with sadness and worry in his eyes. She smiled softly and he couldn't help the smile that tugged at the corner of his lip.

"Father?" Thor stood at Odin's side as he looked out at the sea.

"Look at this place." Odin replied. "It's beautiful."

"Father, it's us." Thor says, as Loki and Sigyn approached not far behind, and they came to stand on Odin's blind side. Loki looked down at the grass at his feet, afraid to look at his father.

"My sons." Odin greeted. Loki's eyes trailed up to his father for a second before he looked back down. "I've been waiting for you."

"I know, we've come to take you home." Thor said happily.

"Home, yes." Odin replied. "... Your mother. She calls me. Do you hear it?"

Loki and Sigyn looked out across the sea, but hear nothing. Thor kept his eyes on his father and said, "Loki, lift your magic."

Loki looked at Thor, his mouth agape and he shook his head, afraid of what might happen if he did. But Odin chuckled,

"Took me quiet awhile to break free from your spell." Odin turned to Loki. "Frigga would be proud."

Loki's mouth was still open, but his grip tightened around Sigyn's hand. He had nothing to say to his father.

"Come sit with me, I don't have much time." Odin turned to the rocks behind them. Thor, Loki and Sigyn followed. Thor sat on his father's left side, while Loki sat on the other. Sigyn's hand fell from Loki's as she stood next to him, her left hand trailed from his shoulder to play with his hair on the back of his neck, letting him know she was there.

"I know we failed you, but we can make this right." Thor says.

"I failed you." Odin corrected. "It is upon us."

At those words Sigyn's heart rate speed up. She could feel her heart thundering against her chest.

"Ragnarok."

Sigyn's eyes fell to the ground and her finger stopped twirling around Loki's hair. Loki looked up at Sigyn, finally connecting the dots. he thought, so thats why the Seer wanted to see her. Thats what she said to her. It all made sense now.

"No, I stopped Ragnarok." Thor announced. "I put an end to Surtur."

"No..." Odin shook his head. "It's already begun, she's coming. My life is all that held her back, but my time has come."

Thor and Loki glanced at each other. While Sigyn pondered, could this 'she' be the one Volva spoke of?

"I cannot keep her away any longer."

"Father, who are you talking about?" Thor asked.

"Goddess of Death. Hela. My first born. Your sister..."