Chapter 57: Magic

"Are you going to explain to me how this time travel is suppose to work?" asked Sigyn folding her arms.

"About that." Tony held up a finger. "We're still working on a way."

"You haven't figured it out?"

Tony pursed his lips, "Like I said. We're working on it." and he motioned towards the machine in the middle of the giant room and walked towards it. "Using suits and quantum particles, it's very complicated. Once Bruce gets back we can finish on finalising everything. In the meantime, make yourself comfortable!" and he headed out of the room.

"I imagined your Midgardian companions differently." Vali informed folding his arms beside his mother. "He in particular." and pointed in Tony's direction. "Is frustratingly annoying."

"You'll get used to it, pal." Steve clapped a hand over Vali's heavily leathered shoulder. Vali eyed the hand on his shoulder and back up to fair man.

"Mama, look!" called Frigga holding out the shiny object, clearly inclining to what it does. Sigyn took the silver pen from Frigga's fingers and clicked the top to show the tip of the pen and scribbled lines on a pad.

"Much like a feather and ink. They call it a 'pen'." Sigyn explained and gave the pen back to Frigga who continued her mother's scribble on the paper and smiled with delight.

"I have something!" Steve announced and jogged the way Tony went and soon returned with a children's drawing book with pencils and introduced the little girl to the book and pencils who happily coloured on the floor.

"Hi!" said a voice as Scott entered the building and approached Sigyn. "I'm Scott Lange. Ant-Man, actually. Nice to meet you."

Sigyn furrowed her eyebrows and looked Scott up and down. "You don't look like an ant."

Steve nearly chocked on his own spit from trying not to laugh.

"It's metaphorical." explained Scott. "I can turn really small or really big." he nodded proudly.

It was Vali's turn to question him. "If you can turn big, then why are you called Ant-Man and not... big-man?"

Scott opened his mouth and for once found no words. He closed his lips tight and rubbed his temple. "That's a really good question."

"Let's not torture him." said Steve holding back a laugh. "He's... challenged."

Vali nodded his head in understandment. "Of course!"

*

Natasha was first to return with Clint while Tony worked on building the machine. Natasha and Clint strolled into the compound together. Clint's hair was cut into a sleek mohawk with the sides shaven, he also adorned black leather clothes and dual swords.

Natasha seemed tired, her facial expression said it all.

They both glanced down confused at a strange little white haired girl in a pink frilly dress who messily coloured a book that Natasha recognised as the one she kept on the shelf. She shared the same confusion with Clint.

"Is it just me or does..." Clint trailed off looking over his shoulder at the little girl.

"... She look like Sigyn?" Natasha finished.

"No way."

Natasha and Clint passed by the machine that Tony was currently welding. Tony stopped for a moment and lifted the mast to admire his work when he noticed them. "Glad to have you back." he greeted the two.