Chapter 5: Cheap Tricks

Sigyn spun on her heel to see a man standing wrapped in a red cloak, his greying hair was styled back and his beard trimmed neatly.

"Who are you?" Sigyn demanded and a dagger fashioned in her hand.

"No need for that." the man said. "I am Doctor, Stephen Strange. Master of the New York Sanctum and master of the mystic arts."

"The Midgardian wizard." Sigyn says and lowers her dagger, "How odd? I think it's no coincidence that I am here. I was in search of you."

"In search of me?" Strange repeated. "Does Asgard know about us?"

"No, I was told by a Seer to seek you out." Sigyn explained eyeing the Doctor warily. "You have something that is rightfully mine."

"Rightfully yours?" he scoffed. "Let me explain something to you first, princess. Everything that is here, is here for a safe keeping reason. It belongs to no one."

"Is that so?" Sigyn growled and stalked towards the Doctor, but he was unfazed. "You are a wizard, but I am a sorceress and a mighty warrior of Asgard. I could fight you."

"I don't want a fight." Strange says in a matter of fact tone. "I want to keep the peace, we can be allies. I wanted to ask you a few questions first."

"About?"

"Loki."

Sigyn furrowed her eyebrows surprised, "Oh?"

Suddenly, without warning, Sigyn's body seemed to be thrown without her even moving and the room fazed into another. She blinked and she was in a sitting room.

"Tea?" Strange gestured to the tea set on the coffee table. Sigyn reluctantly sat on the seat across him and picked up the tea cup.

"I keep a track record of intellectual beings who pose a threat to this realm, your husband, Loki, is on that list." Strange says.

"No surprise there." Sigyn sipped on the tea and a burst of passion fruit erupted on her tongue.

"You are his wife and apart of the Avengers team. Now, I don't know what's happening on Asgard or why Odin is on Earth—"

"Odin is here!?" Sigyn nearly spat out her tea. "The All-Father is alive and is here!?"

"Yyyes...." Strange raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"That bastard." Sigyn cursed. "I did not know what Loki had done to Odin."

"Right....? so Loki, he has no plans on returning here does he?"

"Of course not, he is currently sitting on his arse indulging in grapes and theatre." Sigyn muttered annoyed. "He's too busy being king of Asgard."

"And Thor?"

"In search of the Infinity stones—" something caught Sigyn's eyes when Strange flinched at those words. Her eyes trailed to the necklace around his neck. It took the shape of an eye with the same symbol on the window. Inside was glowing a soft green. She could feel it's power...

"You posses the Time Stone?"

"What of it?" Strange began to get defensive. 

Sigyn scoffed and took another sip of the tea. "Nothing, I now know there are two Stones on Midgard. It is safe with you Dr. Strange?"

"I'm the safest person it can be with, yes." he replied. Sigyn nodded her head, drinking her tea.

"You are a powerful being, I can feel it, I've seen it." Strange says leaning forward in his seat. "You have more power than you let off to show."

"Everyone has they're tricks, Doctor." Sigyn sported a small smirk.

"My question; you don't pose a threat to Earth, do you?"

"Of course not, it is my job as queen to help protect the realms." Sigyn set down her cup. "Enough stalling, you will give me what I have come for or I will forcefully take it."

"What is it you are in search of exactly?"

"The Horn of Jormungandr."

Strange froze at her words, he sat up straighter, "What?"

"I will only ask nicely once." Sigyn stands up and Strange follows. "I need that horn."

"Why?"

"Don't ask why." Sigyn demanded, "I need that horn. We don't have much time."

"You do realise what it does?"

"Do you take me for a fool?!"

"No." Strange replied. "Why don't we have much time?"

Sigyn's fist clenched at her side, "I know you have the horn, wizard. You. Will. Hand it over. Believe me when I say only I will have possession of it, not Loki if thats what your thinking and the World Serpent will not be summoned."

"The World Serpent is a myth."

"And yet you're a master of the mystic arts?" Sigyn raised her eyebrows surprised. "And you don't believe in that story?"

"That's right, it's merely a story." Strange retorts. "And ninety-five percent of Norse Mythology is false."

"The story of Jormungandr is apart of that five percent that isn't." Sigyn explained. "Why do you think there has been a horn to summon him. That horn was forged by the dwarves of Nidavellir themselves."

"People make things based of stories and make wild accusations." Strange shrugged his shoulders. "I don't believe there is a giant snake, that is so big he can bite his own tale, is living in our ocean."

"His size is an exaggeration." Sigyn laughed. Strange blinked his eyes, unable to believe a word the Asgardian was saying. It was something he'd have to see to believe... A giant snake living in the ocean... he scoffed at the thought. But if there was one thing he knew about the horn; it's the legends behind it.

"Name your price." Sigyn announced unexpectedly as she wandered around the sitting room, examining the books on the shelf. "What ever it is you want, silver, gold, the finest collectables, or even a weapon forged by the Dwarves themselves, or is it women you desire?"

"No, I don't want any of that." Strange quickly said rolling his eyes.

"Then what do you want?" Sigyn turned on her heel swiftly, her hands linked behind her back. "There must be something?"

Strange didn't reply, instead he thought, this Asgardian, who claimed was queen and is a powerful sorceress and warrior, was offering him something in return for the horn. He thought carefully, he could ask for something that Earth would benefit from.

"I'd like the threats of Asgard to stay away from this realm."

Sigyn raised her eyebrows interested, "What threats are there, do you think?"

"Um... lets see— Loki, war, intellectual and supernatural threats."

"Lets me stop you there, Dr. Strange." Sigyn interrupted, "Asgard is the realm of the gods, we are supposed to protect the Nine Realms and keep away the dangers of war and supernatural threat. And Loki, you needn't worry about him. Ever."

"So it's a deal?" Strange cut straight to the point. Nice and blunt. It made Sigyn snicker with delight.

"A simple man, thinking for the better of his realm... Consider it done." she replied. "Now give me the horn."

Strange stared down the Asgardian before him, trying to read her true intentions, but she remained unreadable and kept eye contact. He sighed and tore away his eyes, giving in.

"Follow me."