Chapter 34: Valhalla Awaits

Sigyn slowly woke to the sound of birds, bright sunlight and the breeze of a light wind. Her blue eyes opened and she was met with the familiar, brightly lit room of her chamber. She shot up in her bed she was just laying on. It was very bright. Almost too bright to be real.

 She was confused, everything seemed like a haze

She was confused, everything seemed like a haze. This can't be real...

She slid off the golden boat bed, a white dress hung loosely from her shoulders. Her feet padded across the polished golden floor as she looked around the chamber she and Loki once shared.

She had so many questions, what was this place? Why is she here? Was she dead?

Two hands then snaked their way up her arms from behind.

"Loki?" she called unsurely.

"My love!" his voice said in her ear, sending shivers up her spin.

Tears filled Sigyn's eyes as Loki's fingers played with a lock of her hair, "You look ravishing as always."

"This isn't real." she said.

"Of course it is, dear." he gently pushed her hair back to reveal her neck to place a kiss there. "I am overjoyed that you could join us."

"What is this place?" she asked.

"Valhalla of course!" his breath panned across her neck. "Our own little place."

"Am I dead?" she asked.

It was a moment before Loki replied, "No." there was sadness in his voice. Sigyn closed her eyes, trying to prevent tears from falling. Her body was overwhelmed with emotions. She knew what that meant, that simple 'no'. He wasn't coming back, and she couldn't stay.

"I'm so sorry." said Loki, "There was more I could have done to stop this-"

"You did enough." Sigyn felt him go still. "There was nothing more you could have done."

"I easily gave up the Tesseract."

"To protect me." Sigyn said firmly. "To protect your brother and what people we still had left. There is no victory without first a great suffering. Don't you remember, Victory or Valhalla."

"And it was Valhalla."

Sigyn spun on her heel to face Loki alas. He was neatly groomed, clad in full armour. His black hair styled back. He was lively; unlike the image of his bloodied face that was burnt into Sigyn's mind.

A small smile creeped onto Sigyn's lips at the sight of him again. Her hand cupped his warm cheek, her fingers tracing his jawline.

Loki's arm snaked their way around Sigyn's shoulder. "Sigyn, the love of my life." said Loki. "I once said, I would give up my beating heart if it meant you would live."

"Don't say that." she shook her head, she didn't want to hear what he had to say.

"I would do it again if I had to." his green eyes stared into her's lovingly. "But, You can't stay."

"No, I want to stay here with you!" Sigyn cried, the tears threatened to spill. Loki took in a breath shaking his head.

"I want to stay!"

"You can't." Loki wiped the tear that trailed down her cheek.

"Please, Loki. I want to stay."

"You are a queen!" Loki kissed her forehead. "You must fight."

"I want to stay with you." she repeated, her head falling onto his chest. She wrapped her arms around his slim figure tightly. "Living without you is torturous."

"I know." he smiled against her hair, taking in a breath. "I love you."

Loki tilted her chin upwards and planted a deep kiss on her lips, his arms holding her closely. Feeling his lips against her's again was bliss. She wanted to stay like this, holding each other.

"As I love you." Sigyn replied in between the kiss. Loki's lips pulled away, "Wake up." he whispered, "Your people need you. You need to wake up."

His body pulled away followed by his arms. Sigyn chocked back a cry and reached out for him but found nothing to grab. She opened her eyes slowly to be met with nothing but darkness instead.

"Wake up."