Chapter 40: O'Valhalla

A loud rumble shook the earth. Sigyn turned her attention outside the barrier, where the trees were torn from the ground as something underground dug it way underneath the barrier.

Massive saw like machines emerged from the ground and split, each wheel tore up the battlefield, killing anything in it's way.

Sigyn found herself fighting with Natasha and Okoye as those machines pummelled towards them. Suddenly, Wanda landed in front of them and using her magic she lifted the machines into the air and threw them back, killing the alien creatures instead. Leaving Sigyn, Natasha and Okoye unharmed.

"Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asked bluntly. Sigyn quickly dove herself back into battle fighting any creature that came her way.

"Excuse me!" Rocket jumped into her shoulders, "Do you mind throwing me!"

Sigyn ignored the animal as she jumped into the air and brought down her spear into an alien. She then spun on her knees and to her feet, she reached behind her and grabbed the animal.

Rocket yelped as he was tugged from her shoulder and spun as Sigyn threw the small animal across the field. Rocket screamed with delight as he flew over the heads of the enemy, shooting them as he went.

"Thor!" Sigyn called his attention. "Would you please deal with these things!"

Thor nodded in response and flew into the air. Sigyn searched the battlefield for Proxima, she knew she had to be here somewhere.

There. Sigyn's eye caught Natasha, Okoye and Wanda fighting Proxima. She ran as fast as she could, ducking under the swipe of claws and towards the ditch they fought in. She had to stay in front of the saw machine as it headed towards them.

Sigyn flew into the air and came back down on Proxima who loomed over Natasha, her sword at her neck. Sigyn drove her spear into Proxima catching her by surprise.

"Asgardian!" Proxima growled angrily.

Sigyn then flipped over Proxima, ripping her spear from her body and then grabbing Proxima's uniform, she threw the alien into the air and ducked as the machine rolled over the ditch, slicing up Proxima in the process.

Blue blood showered Sigyn and Natasha. "That's really gross." Natasha grimaced at Sigyn who knelt beside her, catching her breath.

"I told you she was mine." Sigyn said out off breath. She felt a create sense of relief now that Proxima was dead, but she would never find true satisfaction until she drove her spear into Thanos' head.

Natasha chuckled. "We need to help Vision."

"Destroy the Stone!" Sigyn snapped her head towards Wanda. "Now! Go!"

Wanda obeyed and flew into the air using her red magic. "We need to move." Sigyn helped Natasha to her feet. Together with Okoye, they ran in the direction of Vision, towards the growth of forest surrounding the outskirts of the lab.

Sigyn came to stand with Steve, where Vision was leaned against a log. Sam, T'challa, Bruce, Okoye, and Natasha were all joined.

The Stone in Vision's head lit up making him grimace in pain. "What?" Wanda asked worried. "What is it?"

"He's here."

Sigyn's grip on her spear grew tighter as her heart raced against her chest. It then got quiet. Very quiet. The wind eerily blew in the trees, almost like they knew what was coming.

"Everyone on my position." Steve said into his earpiece. "We have incoming."

"What the hell." Natasha muttered.

In the path clearing, a black smoke appeared as a portal opened up. Threw the black smoke, Thanos stepped out.

"Cap, thats him." Bruce announced.

"Eyes up." Steve said, "Stay sharp!"

Sigyn stepped back as the other's charged, waiting for the opportune moment to strike. Her grip tightened on her spear as she swelled up with anger.

The HulkBuster charged toward Thanos, but the suit merely fazed threw Thanos. The suit was then rolled into the rock wall.

Steve was then thrown aside with the power stone. Thanos then caught T'challa around the neck who pounced at him, Thanos then punched the Panther into the ground, the suit deflecting the kinetic energy. Sam who flew in shooting his guns was too brought down by the power stone.

"Wanda, it's time." Vision said.

"No." Wanda replied firmly.

"They can't stop him, Wanda. But we can" Vision grabbed her arm to grab her attention. "Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone."

"Don't."

"You must do it for peace. We are out of time."

"I can't." Wanda's lip trembled.

"Yes, you can." Vision held out her hand. "If he gets the Stone, half the universe dies. It's not fair. It shouldn't be you, but it is. It's alright, you could never hurt me."

Wanda stood back with her hand to Vision, her eyes watering and her lower lip trembling.

"I just feel you."

Red magic burst from Wanda's hand as she began the destruction of the Stone.

Thanos crushed Rhodes suit, who was firing at him and threw him aside. Bucky then came running in, firing his gun, only to be thrown aside. Okoye threw her spear at Thanos who caught it with the space stone and threw her aside. Natasha was turned as the ground underneath her trapped her in a cage of rock. Groot's attempt to trap Thanos in branches proved futile.

Sigyn was now standing between Thanos and Vision. She ran towards Thanos and jumped into the air, holding her spear above her head, ready to strike. Thanos reached out his right arm and caught Sigyn around her throat.

Sigyn still drove her spear into his shoulder, missing her mark. Thanos growled with annoyance and ripped the spear from his shoulder and tossed it aside, his grip around her neck tightened.

She gasped for breath and kicked out her legs. Thanos scoffed, "Do you really wish to join your lover so badly?"