Chapter 32: Found You

I stood in stunned silence for a few moments staring at my friend.
"What... what do you mean a match to me?" I stammered.
"She's your half sister on you father's side."
I shook my head incredulously.
"Have Penelope find all birth certificates with my father's name on it. Maybe we'll get lucky and find her that way. I should talk to her."
"Are you sure you're up to that?"
I nodded.
"I don't much have a choice. Just another psychopath in the family."
I walked down the hallway to the FBI counterterrorism holding cells. On the chair in the middle of the room in a dark red jumpsuit sat the dark haired, two tone eyed psychopath.
"Director Carter?" She said feigning surprise.
"You knew I'd come." I stated simply sitting in the chair across the table from her.
"I did." She smiled at me.
"You knew? All this time you knew, we were related?"
"Yes. I did."
"And instead of coming to me and talking to me you framed my fiance for murder, kidnapped my brother in law, then tried to drown me in a water tank before blowing up Seattle?" I stared at her.
She scoffed at me turning her face away from me.
I sighed.
"We'll talk again." I said standing up.
She didn't speak but watched me walk out of the room.
"Was that helpful?" Brianna asked as I joined her in the viewing room.
"A little, yeah. She's angry at me for something, but I have no idea what." I sighed.
"We'll figure her out. Go home to Jonny and I'll call you if Penelope finds anything." She reassured me.
I nodded at left.
My mind raced while I drove home. I pulled in the driveway and just sat behind the wheel of my car. My mind flipped through my memories; trying to find any of this woman yet found none. I sighed and rested my forehead on the steering wheel.
*TAP TAP TAP*
My head shot up to find Jonathan outside my car door. Slowly I opened the door and climbed out.
"Are you okay?" He asked reaching for me.
I allowed myself to be folded into his arms and shook my head.
"Come inside babe."
He ushered me inside. We sat on the couch facing each other. I took his hands in mine.
"I have to tell you something I found out today." I said before taking in a deep shaky breath.
"You can tell me anything, love."
"Brianna's forensic team sent Mystery Woman's fingerprints in for testing and nothing came back. Then they sent her DNA in for testing and found a familial match... to my DNA."
"She's your sister?"
"My half sister technically but yes. I don't think any of what she's done had to do with you or Cameron... she's angry with me but I don't know why."
"We'll figure it out together." He said confidently.
I leaned against him.
"I have Penelope looking to find any birth certificates with his name on it. Maybe we'll get lucky. I talked to her but I don't know."
"I'm sure Penelope will find something."
"I'm almost worried about what she'll find."
"Whatever it is we'll handle it."
"I'm so lucky to have you by my side."
"I love you, Lexa."
"I love you, too."
"Let's put on a movie and relax for the night?"
"Sounds perfect."
He put on The Huntress and cuddled up next to me, handing me the DVD case.
"A woman is watching a scary movie alone on Halloween night — someone, or something, keeps knocking at her door." I read.
"Sounds good to me." His arms tightened around me.
An hour and a half later the movie ended. Jonathan and I didn't move.
"This is why we don't buy horror movies for more than a dollar." I finally said.
"It could have been so cool though!" He exclaimed.
"Could have been but they fucked it up." I laughed.
He sighed.
"What do we want for dinner?"
"Whatever sounds good to you is fine." I muttered staring off towards the now black TV screen.
"Baby?" He urged.
"Huh?" I turned toward him.
"Phone's ringing love."
"Oh yeah."
"Carter." I answered halfheartedly.
"Alexia. I found those birth certificates you were looking for." Penelope said.
"Certificates? Plural?"
"Yeah, Alex. Maybe it'd be best if you came back in?"
"Sure. Okay. Jonathan and I will be there as soon as we can."
Jonathan drove. All of this seemed to be too much for me. I'd lived my whole life as an only child. A broken child who had to make her own family. Now there's not only a half sister, but a psychopathic half sister  and now there's multiple siblings I never knew about. Immense terror filled me as we drove to the office. I reached out for Jonny.
"It's okay, Lexa. I'm here. I've got you."
His voice calmed me.
Jonny and I walked into my office where Penelope was waiting for us. I didn't speak as I walked around the desk and sat in my office chair. Jonny stood beside me his supportive hand on my shoulder.
I sighed.
"Okay, Penelope. What did you find?" I asked as calmly as I could muster.
"There are three birth certificates I found with Eric Dorian listed as the father."
She handed me the first one:
"Lucas Eric Dorian (M) born at 6:25 PM on July 3rd 1983. Mother: Briella Dorian. Father: Eric Dorian." I read.
She handed me the second one:
"Skyler Wyatt Dorian (M) born at 4:40 AM on October 21st 1985. Mother: Briella Dorian. Father: Eric Dorian."
Finally she handed me the third birth certificate. The one with the information we had been waiting for for three and a half years.
"Jasmine Crystal Dorian (F) born at 3:33 AM on February 1st 1987. Mother: Briella Dorian. Father: Eric Dorian."