Chapter 18: Greatest Love of All

I woke up on my own for the first time in four months disoriented looking around for my boys. They laid quietly sleeping in their bassinets to my right. Jonathan still slept next to me. I glanced at the clock: 6:52am. I climbed out of bed and checked on our sons. Both were smiling in their sleep and breathing fine. I climbed back into bed and cuddled up against Jonny's bare chest.
He sighed and wrapped his arm around me.
We were able to cuddle for about a half hour before Joshy started babbling in his bassinet. I could feel Jonathan wake up slowly to the sound of our son making noises. Soon enough Logan joined him. I laughed into Jonny's chest as they babbled seemingly to one another.
Jonny tightened his arms around me a smile spreading across his face.
"They sound so happy." He smiled, holding me tighter.
"Yeah, but they'll be hungry soon though."
As if on cue Joshy started crying.
"Up we go my loving husband." I sighed standing up to pick up Joshy.
"Hey my little man. You hungry? Let's go down and mommy'll make you a bottle."
As I walked down the stairs I could hear Jonny talking to Logan. They joined us not long after I started feeding Joshy.
"Do you realize what today is?" Jonny asked me as he sat down next to me feeding Logan his bottle.
"No, love. What is today?" I asked smiling down at Joshy.
"It's April 24th which means we've been dating for nine years today." He smiled at me.
"Nine years? Damn. Has it really been that long?" I teased.
He nudged my shoulder gently.
I leaned my head against his shoulder before his phone rang.
"Go on, love. Your turn to run off and save the world." I smiled at him as he laid Logan on the floor on his tummy.
Almost instantly Logan rolled over onto his back to look up at his daddy.
"Aww... He rolled over. Looks like he doesn't want you to leave."
"I'll be home as soon as I can."
I laid Joshy next to Logan and let them play on the floor.
Jonny brought dinner home that night and found all three of us playing on the floor.
"Joshy and Logan have been rolling over all day. It's like they're playing a game with each other." I told him as he unloaded the takeout from his arms.
"I'm still unsure about 'Joshy'." He chuckled from the kitchen.
"Is that all you heard from that sentence?" I laughed.
"Joshy seems to like it just fine, don't you, Joshy?"
Josh smiled and raised his hand towards my face.
"See?" I turned to look at Jonathan.
He shook his head and smiled as he leaned against the door frame.
"Damn, you look amazing right now." I smiled up at him.
He wore my favorite pair of his dark wash jeans and a jet black button down shirt completely open.
"It's surprisingly warm out today." He smiled down at me.
"Yeah, it is." I muttered.
We laid the boys down around midnight as usual and returned downstairs with the baby monitor and put in a movie.
Jonathan sat on the couch with me in his lap, my back rested against the arm of the couch. I rested my head on his chest while we watched the movie.
Jonathan started running his fingertips over the bare skin on my arm. I cuddled closer to him dragged my fingernails along one of the scars on his chest.
His hand came up and caught mine. I glanced up into his eyes a moment before he kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself up so I could straddle his lap. I felt his fingers trail down my back. He pulled my Tshirt over my head and pressed his lips to my shoulder.
He stood up and laid me on the couch. I watched as he pushed his shirt off his shoulders before he laid on top of me kissing on my neck.
"When was the last time we made love on the couch?" I asked laying on the couch pressed against him.
"I don't think we ever have." He mumbled against my skin.
"Having kids was a wonderful idea."
He laughed just as Logan started fussing over the monitor.
"If we're really quiet maybe he'll go back to sleep." Jonny whispered playfully.
Then my phone rang.
"Well, damnit. There went that." He sighed.
I watched as he picked up his boxer shorts off the floor and put them back on before climbing up the stairs.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Alex?" Jennifer's voice asked.
"Yeah, Jen. What's wrong?"
"Someone tried to have a bomb delivered to your office."
"Wait. What?" I asked fully sitting up on the couch.
"The techs found it in the package checks. Everyone's fine but, Alexia..."
"Yeah, okay. I'll... uh... I'm not actually sure what I'm going to do..."