Chapter 20: Always On My Mind

At home Jonathan and I practically had to chase rolling twins most of the day as Joshy and Logan laughed as they rolled around the living room from one toy to another. We finally had to baby proof our home. Those boys grabbed at everything. We put baby gates at the entrance to the kitchen, at the bottom of both staircases and at the entrance to the hallway to keep them corralled in the living room. All we kept in the living room was the couch, the loveseat, and the rocking recliner all situated against the wall in between our two staircases. Our television was mounted on the far wall and wouldn't move in an earthquake.
Jonathan and I lounged on our love seat watching our sons play on the floor on June 11th, the twins 6 month birthday, we'd just celebrated Jonathan and Camerons 33rd birthday the week before.
We were still no closer to figuring out who sent the bomb to my office.
It hadn't been long since Justin Cole finished his presidency run and Cameron Hunter was sworn into office. I wasn't particularly pleased but I had bigger things to worry about than who was sitting in the oval office. Justin seemed to remind him well enough that the FBI was my domain. He stepped aside and let me do things my way.
Over the last month he allowed me to have Derek bring in Gavin Reynolds of The Children of Fortune and Bruce Dickerson from The Order of Silence.
Derek and my BAU team joined with Cameron and my Deception Unit to handle the interrogations and investigations while Jonathan and I tried to step back and care for our 6 month old babies.
We had the tv on one of those baby channels, Jonathan sat up on one side of the loveseat while I laid with my legs in his lap scrolling through my emails.
I was still receiving requests for psychological profile consultations from law enforcement agencies. Honestly it was a nice distraction that kept my mind engaged while I cared for our boys.
Jonathan ran his fingertips over my bare legs while I read over this new file sent from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. An Art Dealer was found electrocuted in a City Park.
After a quick check at the weather report from Baton Rouge I was able to conclude that the victim was struck by lightning during a walk in the park.
Then next file from San Bernardino, California where a book keeper was found buried alive near a riverbed. They barely found her before she died. She was in a medically induced coma.
Typically with a single victim I would recommend looking at close friends or relatives but going through the trouble to bury her alive I recommend they use ground penetrating radar to search the area around where they found the book keeper. This killer made some kind of mistake.
I sent my analysis and glanced up to find Joshy and Logan laying on the white pillow in the middle of the room holding hands each one clutching their own blanket.
"Jonny? Get a picture of our boys, please? You're so much better at it than I am."
"Sure, Lexa. Aww... Look how adorable they are."

"They are perfect aren't they?" I laughed watching my husband take pictures of our boys

"If this whole FBI agent thing doesn't work out for you, you can definitely make a living with photography." I teased.
"Well, you'd have to be the one to fire me so..."
I shook my head as I watched Logan reach up for his daddy.
"Ah. Ah." He cooed.
Jonathan picked up both of our boys before Joshy could start fussing because Logan wasn't close enough to him.
"Ma. Ma. Ma." Joshy babbled.
"I'm so calling that." I exclaimed.
"Joshy said ma ma first."
Jonathan laughed at me and handed me our older son.
"Logan'll say da da first. Just you wait." He challenged.
"Ma. Ma." Logan cooed.
"Ha!" I laughed at my husband.
I rested my head against Jonathan's shoulder as he sighed.
"How is it they like you more than me?"
"They don't like me more, Jonny. I am their mother. I carried them in my body for almost 40 weeks."
"Fair enough."
He laid Logan against his chest and wrapped his arm around me and Joshy.
"This reminds me. We need to do a family photo shoot soon enough."
"Yeah we do. Should we call Arianna Matthews?"
"Might as well. She did amazing with out engagement, wedding and maternity photos she's done." I answered.
"I'll call her tomorrow." He smiled down at me.
"We need to figure out who's after me before they decide to come after you or the boys."
"Have you heard anything about the investigation or the interrogations?"
"Not yet. It's a process. Especially when you have as many possible enemies as I do." I sighed.
"I won't let anything happen to you or our boys." He stated firmly.
"You know no one will let anything happen to you or our sons."
"Or you." I reminded him.
"We all fought hard for you when you were in prison."
"I know, Lexa.
"We'll figure this out. We have to."