Chapter 54: I Wanna Grow Old With You

Jonathan and I arrived at Moonlight Hotel to await our flight to Bora Bora from Lama International Airport at noon the next day. He insisted on lifting me up into his arms and carrying me into the room. I looked out the window over the airport watching a plane take off while he brought our bags into the room. I'd already taken off my jewelry aside from my wedding rings and tiara.
I leaned my head back against his shoulder when he walked up behind me, sliding his fingertips over the bare skin on my shoulders. He pressed his lips to the base of my neck and trailed his hands down my back to where the buttons began. He undid the buttons painfully slowly before he turned me to face him.
He looked directly into my eyes as he gingerly took my tiara out of my hair and placed it on the table beside us. His lips caught mine as he lifted me up into his arms. He sat me on the bed and undid my silver heels, sliding them off and tossing them over his shoulder.
He pulled me back to standing so he could finish sliding my wedding dress off my hips, leaving me in a white lingerie set.
Finally I pushed his suit jacket off his shoulders to the floor before I began working on the buttons to his shirt. I dragged my fingernails down his chest to unhook his belt.
He grabbed me by my waist and tossed me playfully onto the bed before climbing on top of me and kissing my neck. I giggled playfully as I pulled him closer to me.
Late the next morning I dressed in my blue lace lingerie set underneath a simple white wrap maxi dress and strappy sandals. Jonathan came back from checking in for our flight dressed in a pair of dark blue denim shorts and a white tank and sandals.
"You look stunning." He breathed.
"You always say that." I laughed.
"It's always true."
Our flight arrived at the airport in Bora Bora at 7p.m. After the headache inducing affair that was the Bora Bora customs and baggage claim.
Finally around 9p.m. we arrived at our bungalow provided by the Four Seasons Resort.
"I'm so glad that's over." I laughed as Jonathan joined me on the deck overlooking the water.
It was dark already but I could feel the relaxation flowing over me. He didn't speak but I felt his fingertips brush against the skin on the back of my neck before his lips pressed to my neck and I was gone. I so easily got lost in him.
Over the next two weeks we spent a majority of our time on Matira Beach. Strolling or lounging. We had lunch more than once at Matira Beach Burgers. The tiki bar had a party Monday night we attended. We took a boat ride over the crystal waters Tuesday. Jonathan planned a sunset yacht ride Wednesday evening and a helicopter ride over the heart shaped island on Thursday. Friday we went diving at Tupitipiti Point. Over the weekend we enjoyed our bungalow's amenities before going to Vaitape on Monday for the day. Tuesday Jonny surprised me with a shark swim. He took me to Lagoon Restaurant for a seaside dinner Wednesday and surprised me with some Bora Bora pearls; some of the most beautiful in the world. We ended our trip Thursday night laying out on the beach stargazing before making love on the beach. Everything I'd acquired from my Bachelorette party was utilized some more than once.
After one final lunch at Matria Beach Burgers we boarded our plane at 5p.m. to head back home.
We'd both taken three weeks off for our honeymoon. Our first public appearance was set to be the White House Easter egg hunt on April 21st.
"You look beautiful." Jonathan said as I joined him wearing a white knee length dress with blue floral accents around the bottom.
"Do you ever get tired of saying that?" I asked playfully.
"Do you ever get tired of looking like that?" He countered.
I drove us to the White House in the nearly 70 degree weather. The sun barely hidden by a layer of clouds.
President Justin Cole met us as we walked up the White House steps.
"Mr and Mrs. Black." He greeted us with a smile.
"You know, that's the first time I've heard it said like that." I smiled back at him as I shook his hand.
"I really like it." Jonathan said wrapping his arm around me.
"Right this way. Lunch will be served in about 20 minutes." He smiled as he lead us to the back yard.
"Make yourselves at home." He smiled again as he walked away.
Jonathan and I took a seat on a small bench overlooking the yard.
"I didn't think it was possible that your backyard could look better than the White House." He whispered to me.
"Our backyard." I said looking at him.
"Ours." He smiled at me before he kissed me.
As the day wore on I could feel myself getting more and more fatigued.
Finally it was time to go home.
"Jonny. Can you drive home?" I asked as we walked toward the car.
"Sure. Are you alright?" He asked taken aback.
"Yeah, I'm just exhausted." I laughed.
I woke up the next morning next to my husband.
"Did I walk upstairs last night?" I asked when he tightened his arms around me.
"No. You must've been really tired. I carried you upstairs when we got home and you've been asleep since." He muttered.
"Yeah. Must have still been jet lagged." I chuckled.
"Must have." He smiled against my skin.
"I'm going to shower before we go into the office." He nudged my shoulder gently.
"Okay, baby."
When Jonathan went into the bathroom and turned on the water I picked up my cell phone.
"Hello?"
"Dina. I need a favor."