Chapter 4: Here Tonight

When Jonathan and I got back to the house we were met in the driveway by Cameron and Kay.
"How did it go?" Cam asked hugging me.
"We'll talk about it as a family in the house." I smiled.
Kay and I hung back slightly as Cam and Jonny walked into the house.
"SURPRISE!" The rest if our family screamed at them.
My living room was decorated in blue and green streamers, balloons and the rest.
"You know our birthday is tomorrow?" He teased me wrapping his arm around me.
"I do know that." I smiled.
"However, Kay and I could easily distract you and Cam today so it works out better.
"Champagne for the birthday boy." Jasmine interrupted us.
"And sparkling apple cider for mama." She winked at me.
"Thank you." I smiled at her.
"Speaking of... Jonathan and I have an announcement to make." I said loud enough that everyone to hear.
"My beautiful wife and I came directly here from her doctor's appointment and for my birthday this year our doctor told us that we are expecting twins." Jonathan announced to our family.
I unzipped my jacket to unveil my new tshirt.

"I also have an additional announcement to make to everyone

"I also have an additional announcement to make to everyone." I added.
"I've decided since finding out that we're having twins that I'll need to do most if not all of my work from home until after the babies are born."
"So you won't be in the office?" Kay asked.
"Not near as much as I have been. I'm honestly so tired that the more I can rest the better." I answered gently.
Jasmine made large Porterhouse steaks with rich mashed potatoes and hard roasted brussel sprouts along with beautiful individual molten chocolate cakes.
"Did you enjoy your birthday party?" I asked Jonny as we got ready for bed after everyone left.
"Of course I did. Does this mean I'll get to spend the whole day with you tomorrow?" He asked with a smile pulling me close to him.
"That would be accurate yes." I kissed him.
The next day I sent our announcement to the news station.
"Today we got a letter from Alexia and Jonathan Black." Snow announced near the end of the news program at 6p.m.
The picture we sent covered the screen.
"Alexia and Jonathan are expecting twins!"