Chapter 50: Closer

Jonny was watching me sleep when I woke up Friday morning March 22nd.
"What's the matter, my love?" I yawned.
"Do you realize this'll be the first time we haven't slept together since I've been out of prison?" He asked.
"That's true. It's only two nights." I laughed.
"Then again next Friday." He exclaimed.
I laughed again.
"It's tradition. You can't see me the night before our wedding."
"This is going to be the hardest thing ever." He whined throwing himself back onto his pillow.
"I think I know something that'll make you feel better." I teased dragging my fingernails down his chest.
He raised his eyebrows at me before jumping back to my side of the bed, pressing me firmly into the mattress and kissing me deeply.
Cameron came to pick Jonathan up for his bachelor weekend before four in the afternoon.
"What are you girls doing this weekend?" He asked me.
"I honestly have no idea. I've been told I'm not allowed to worry about it." I laughed.
"I do know that there is an outfit laid out for me for tonight and a bag packed for the weekend and I was instructed not to change until after you both leave."
"Have fun. Be safe." Jonathan said leaning down to kiss me.
"You too, my love. I'll see you Sunday." I smiled.
"Sunday it is."
After the boys left I made my way back up the stairs and unzipped my garment bag to find a deep purple silk halter knee length dress with a white thick belt at the waist with three heart clasps and black lace around the base. After I dressed I lightly teased my dark chocolate brown hair and wore black suede ankle strap heels.
Jasmine came up to my bedroom and knocked on my door.
"Come in." I called.
"Wow. How are you always stunning?" She asked walking in.
She wore a dress identical to mine except it was in an emerald green. She also wore a 'Sister of the Bride' sash.
"You look beautiful too." I smiled at my sister.
She walked over and fastened a 'Bride to Be' purple glitter veil into my hair.
"You guys are insane with all of this." I laughed.
"You'll only get married once. I'm certain of that." She smiled at me.
I heard the front door open. Jasmine and I walked onto the landing at the top of the grand staircase. Dina wore a pale purple dress identical to mine with a 'Maid of Honor' sash, Brianna wore a dark blue identical dress with a 'Bridesmaid' sash and Lindsey wore a deep red identical dress also with a 'Bridesmaid' sash. I laughed and shook my head.
"What is it we're doing?" I called.
"Get your bag out of the closet. The limo is waiting." Dina called back to me.
After we all climbed into the limo and started our two day adventure.
We pulled up to Emerald Bliss Resort and Spa and Elegance Nightclub.
After we checked in and took our bags to the room we went back down to the night club.
"She starts feeling the buzz about shot one
Hips starts swaying when the DJ drops one
She's in against the law, call the cops wanted
She might be a mess but she's a hot one
With her little jeans and white t
She might rev up an old boy's heart or even stop one
Putting on a show tonight, letting go tonight
She might be a mess, but she's a hot one" Luke Bryan sang She's a Hot One over the speakers as we walked in.
We spent a majority of the night drinking and dancing together. Every time I turned around someone wanted to buy the bride a shot.
I woke up the next day exhausted and sore.
Dina organized facials, massages, manicures and pedicures with no polish at the Emerald Bliss Spa before we spent the night in our suite with bottles of wine.
"First thing's first. Gifts!" Dina said excitedly.
She brought out a stack of 16 boxes.
"Oh my gosh, guys. I don't need all this." I laughed.
"Oh, you definitely do." Brianna said.
Each attendant had four gifts for me.
"So I started walking across the floor
Before I got to the door
Aw naw, somebody just bought a
Shot of Patron, hang on
I just might have to stay
Aw naw, look at the time y'all
What happened to coats on, long gone…
I should be halfway home but aw naw" The chorus to Chris Young's Aw Naw played through the radio while I opened the first gift from my sister.
I recieved a black tie bikini with the word "wifey" written in rhinestones across the front of the bottom with a long black bikini cover with a large slit up the center, a blue set of lingerie, a red bra and panty set and slip, and a white lingerie set that would go seamlessly with my wedding dress and a white robe for after.
I laughed and thanked my sister.
"Expect more. It's a two week honeymoon and you need "pajamas" for every night." She laughed using air quotes.
I recieved a white lace robe with white lingerie, a red ribbon lingerie with instructions on how to put it on, a blue lace lingerie set, and purple lingerie with a purple silk robe from Brianna.
Black and purple lace lingerie, another blue lingerie set, a black lace bra and panty set, and a transparent green lingerie top and bottom set from Lindsey.
A nude mesh top and skirt lingerie set, a black transparent slip and black panties, a green slip, and black lace one piece lingerie from Dina.
"This is all perfect. I love it; Jonathan will too." I laughed.
"Now you have to sneak it into your luggage so it's a surprise for him." Dina told me.
"Understood." I laughed again.
The next morning we met for brunch in a private meeting room to enjoy our time together before spending some time in the indoor pool listening to Homesick by Kane Brown.
I'm homesick
This feeling that I'm feeling no we don't quit
It's like half of me is missing, heaven knows it
That all I wanna do is be alone with
Your brown eyes all tangled up just holding
Onto you tonight until the morning
Baby, that's the damn truth
If home is where the heart is then I'm homesick for you
We got back to my home before Jonathan and the boys. I packed my new clothes and the rest of my honeymoon clothes mostly flowy, short sun dresses and shorts.
We decided to honeymoon in Bora Bora; expected to be beautifully sunny and 85 degrees fahrenheit everyday of our two week stay from March 31st to April 14th.