Chapter 55: Butterfly Kisses

"What's up, Alexia?" She asked me concern coloring her tone.
"I need you to go to the nearest drug store or something and pick me up a pregnancy test." I answered quietly.
"You think you're pregnant?!?" She exclaimed.
"Shhh... I'm pretty sure I am. I want to take the test before I get his hopes up."
"Okay. Okay." She mused happily.
"I'd go myself but they watch me like a hawk especially since the wedding. Every news station and magazine wants to be the first to announce it."
She laughed.
"Oh, I've seen it. No problem, love. I'll bring it in my purse to the office."
"Okay. I know it's best to take them first thing in the morning so I'll take it tomorrow." I sighed as Jonathan's shower cut off.
"I've got to go. I'll see you later."
*KNOCK KNOCK*
"Yeah." I called absently looking over the new training schedule for the year.
"Bad time?" Dina asked poking her head into my office.
"No. Of course not. Just going over stuff." I sighed.
She smiled and closed the door behind her setting a box on my desk.

"Thank you." I said picking up the box.
"For you, anything." She smiled at me.
"This is what we've always wanted but I'm so anxious." I mused.
"That's normal, Alexia. You know that." She reached across the desk and placed her hand on mine.
Another knock came at the door. I dropped the box into my purse before answering.
"Come in."
Jonathan popped his head into the room.
"Aaron would like a chance to talk to you." He smiled at me.
"Send him in, love. Thank you.
"Thank you, Dina. We're done here." I winked at her as Jonathan left to retrieve Aaron.
Aaron Hotchner came into my office and sat down in front of me.
"Strauss has made it clear that every decision I make is being questioned." He started.
I stared at him for a moment.
"I haven't spoken to Strauss. Not about you, your team or anything since her start of the year review." I mused incredulously.
"Then what is her problem?" He asked.
"You know what her problem is. She wants to prove to me she's useful to me." I sighed.
"I have no intention to fire or demote anyone in any department. If you think it'll help keep her off you to step down temporarily I support you 100%."
"I want to promote Derek internally." He answered.
"Alright. He'll answer directly to me. I'll talk to Strauss before I leave today."
"How are you doing, Aaron?"
"As well as can be expected. I hate not being able to see or talk to my son. They shouldn't be involved in this at all." He sighed.
"I agree with that. They're in good hands. I made sure we have our best on it."
"I know. I know they're safe but having them away from me..."
"I know, Aaron. We'll catch him.
"Send Derek in to talk to me and I'll call for Strauss after."
He nodded and left my office.
I thought about my pregnancy test sitting in my purse and about Aaron's family in witness protection.
*KNOCK KNOCK*
"Come in."
"Hotch said you wanted to see me." Derek said opening my door.
"I do. Come sit." I motioned to the chair before me.
I watched him as he sat in the chair in front of me.
"Aaron is stepping down as head of Behavioral Analysis temporarily and he's named you as his successor." I stated simply.
"I'm not sure I understand." He looked at me.
"It's not my idea. Strauss has caused some problems for him lately. I'm calling her in after I finish my discussion with you."
"Is this what he wants?" He asked.
"I think for now it's what's best for him. I'm not about to question him. Jonathan and I don't have kids but the thought of not being able to see him twists my insides."
"I'll do whatever is best for him."
"I think it's what's best for the team as well. BAU will answer directly to me for the foreseeable future." I answered.
"Of course, director."
"Go on. I need to talk with Strauss."
I picked up the phone and dialed as Derek stood up.
"Derek. Don't make me regret this."
"I won't, Alexia."
"Strauss." Her shrill voice answered.
"Erin. This is Director Black." I said.
"Oh, that's right... you got married." She muttered.
"I need to see you in my office immediately."
"Of course, Director."
About 20 minutes later she knocked on my door.
"Come in, Erin." I called.
She walked in. Her dull blonde shoulder length hair pushed behind her shoulders.
"Sit down, Agent." I said.
"I'm your chief executive officer." She looked at me.
"You're whatever I decide you are.
"Why did you take it upon yourself to question Aaron Hotchner and the BAU team?"
"His orders are questionable lately."
"To who? You?" I raised my eyebrow at her.
"No one in this building makes a call like that but me. You nor anyone else speaks for me."
"Aaron is stepping aside temporarily until we can find 'The Reaper' Derek Morgan is stepping up to oversee the team. They answer directly to me. You are not to interfere. Is that understood?"
"Very much so, Director."
"And the next time I say immediately, I mean immediately, not 20 minutes later. You're dismissed." I waved my hand dismissively.
The next morning I sat on the edge of my bathtub waiting for the results from my test.
The three minutes ticked by terribly slowly. Finally my timer went off and I picked up the pregnancy test...

 Finally my timer went off and I picked up the pregnancy test