Chapter 5: Independence Day

Before chapter 6 is written I want to know what my readers think: Are Alexia and Jonathan having two boys or two girls or one of each?

I slid on my new royal blue silk floor length maternity dress with cap sleeves and silver accents and silver flats.
Jonathan walked into our room in a deep red button up shirt and black slacks, his hair artfully tousled around his head.
"Hey beautiful." He smiled at me.
"Hey handsome. Is this really a good idea?" I asked looking at my bump under my dress.
"You did say you'd keep all your party and fundraising obligations." He smirked at me.
"Just because I decided to stay out of the office for a majority of my pregnancy." I sighed.
"You look beyond stunning." He kissed my forehead.
Jonathan and I arrived at the FBI office for the Independence Day party we were throwing. Everyone in attendance dressed in red, white, or blue. I'd missed last years because of the fundraiser explosion.
"You look amazing." David said greeting me with a warm smile.
"Motherhood suits you."
"Thanks Dave." I smiled hugging him.
"We all miss you around here. It's not quite the same with Blackburn in charge." He added.
"I'm sure Alyson is trying her best. I'm always just one call away." I smiled reassuringly at him.
"Director Black." A tall woman with dull grey shoulder length hair and dull brown eyes said my name.
"Alyson." I said with a soft smile.
She was dressed in a long sleeved ankle length red cotton dress with a high neckline and simple black heels.
"I'm surprised to see you here." She looked down at me.
"And why is that?" Jonathan asked wrapping his arm around me.
"I'd imagine you'd be incredibly exhausted, Director Black." She eyed me.
"I manage shorter engagements just fine, Agent Blackburn." I answered.
"Perhaps you have better things to do than question your pregnant boss?
"Let's not forget I am still your boss. Don't let the power go to your head. I can pull you back out of my office faster than you could imagine."
She glared at me before sighing.
"Of course, Director." She spat turning and walking away from us.
"You're so incredible when you get all authoritative like that." Jonathan whispered in my ear.
I leaned against him.
"She is right. I'm exhausted." I laughed.
"Dinner will be starting in a moment." David smiled.
"Food would definitely help." I sighed.
The entire FBI building sat down at tables in the large conference room as dinner was served.
Burbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops (safe because the alcohol in the burbon cooks off), Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn, Non Alcoholic White Grape Spritzer, and Ham and Cheese Loaded Potato Salad followed by Strawberry Banana Cream Pie.
Later during the firework show I leaned my head against Jonathan.
"We should do this for our gender reveal next month." Jonathan joked quietly.
"No chance in hell are we setting off fireworks to announce the genders of our babies." I laughed quietly.
"It was worth a shot." He laughed.
I shook my head at my love.
Jonathan and I spent most of the next week shopping for gender neutral things.
The cribs we bought were basic white, we got a dresser changing table. We also got black, green, and grey car seats and decided to shop for an SUV to accommodate our growing family. We bought a blue Lexus RX Hybrid, sleek and sophisticated but big enough for our growing family.

We also bought a large grey multi pocket diaper bag and two large rocking chair recliners for the nursery

We decided that Dina would be the one to throw our gender reveal party on Saturday August third, our gender ultrasound was Tuesday July 30th.
Dina drove me to the doctor that Tuesday morning. Dr. Roberts was thrilled by our decision to keep it a secret until that Saturday. Dina enlisted Gunther, Jordan, Cameron, Kay, and Jasmine to help paint and set up our nursery.
"I sent Kay and Jasmine to get the furnishing for the nursery and the decorations for the party on Saturday. "Jordan and Gunther are putting the furniture together and painting the nursery while Cameron works on cleaning the house." She smiled slyly at me.
"You and Jonathan will be staying at Rose Grove Resort and Spa until the end of the week. They have an incredible parents to be package that'll be just amazing." She gushed.
After four days of constant pampering we got back into our SUV and drove home. Dina was waiting outside to escort us into our home.