Chapter 49: Enchanted

I stood in front of the full length mirror in a pale blue floor length A-line, sleeveless dress with lace and crystal accents along the bottom of the skirt; my long dark brown hair hung in waves down my back. Jasmine bought me a snowflake necklace with sapphires on the ends and in the center that I wore along with sapphire teardrop earrings and the new Swarovski crystal and sapphire bracelet Jonathan bought me.
As I walked down my grand staircase Jonny stood talking to Cameron with his back to me. His black suit jacket hugged his shoulders.
Cameron's eyes caught mine; Jonathan noticed the change in his brother's expression and turned to look at me.
His bright blue eyes lit up. His pale blue button down shirt open at the top.
"You look incredible." He breathed as I joined him.
"So do you." I kissed him.
"You really think it's okay?" He asked.
"You look perfect." I smiled at him.
"Don't panic. Just follow my lead. Red carpets aren't that scary."
"I don't want to screw it up." His eyes dropped from mine.
"You won't." I smiled at him.
"But this is our first red carpet date."
"I know. You'll be fine. I'll be right beside you the whole time."
He smiled at me and took my hand.
I could feel his anxiety as the limousine pulled up to the red carpet.
"It's okay. The driver will come around and open the door. You'll get out and turn sideways back to the car door and take my hand so I can climb out. We'll walk about halfway up the carpet and pose, smile, wave. They'll shout questions, I never answer them. You'll do perfectly."
He smiled at me again as our driver opened the car door.
When he helped me out of the car we were met with thunderous voices and applause. Halfway up the red carpet we stopped and I urged his arm around me.
As we smiled for the cameras I managed to hear someone yell,
"Show us a kiss!"
So, I turned to my love.
"Kiss me." I said.
His arm tightened around me as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. My left hand came up to rest on his neck giving them all the red carpet ring shot they all wanted.
After another moment of smiling and waving we made our way into Club Envy.
The walls were painted a jade green and tonight the lights were on illuminating the jet black tables and chairs and the dark wooden bar. The dance floor was also a bright green lit floor against the black slate floor.
Jonathan and I were greeted by a petite woman in an emerald green dress with light blonde hair.
"May I take your coat, sir?" She asked Jonathan who looked down at me.
I nodded.
"It's just a New Year's party. You don't need it in here." I smiled at him.
Behind the bar a large television screen was blank playing loud music. Jonathan and I made our way over to the bar.
I ordered myself a Blueberry jam and Prosecco cocktail and Jonathan ordered a Manhattan.
"When are you guys sending out your wedding invitations?" A Male voice came from behind us.
I turned and found President Justin Cole behind us.
"They're actually going in the mail Wednesday." I smiled at him as Jonathan turned to join us.
"Anne and I are looking forward to it. Mr. Black. It's a pleasure to meet you formally." He smiled and shook Jonathan's hand.
"The pleasure is mine, Mr. President." He said.
"Justin is fine. Besides I'm on my way out of the white house. Next year is my last year." He laughed.
His wife came up behind him in a simple blue cocktail dress.
"Is my husband boring you with politics again?" She teased.
"No. Not at all. We were discussing when our wedding invitations would be sent out." I smiled warmly at her.
New Year's eve was the first party I'd been to in the last two years that went off without a hitch.
The next morning, Jonathan and I were laying in bed dreading getting up to finally address our invitations. We had roughly 150 invitations to address. Although about twelve of those could be hand delivered to our wedding party and family.
Jonathan and I accompanied by Cameron, Kay, Dina and Jasmine sat down at the dining room table each equipped with a silver gel pen and a list of 25 names and addresses to be written on each of the classic blue envelopes. All of us took a calligraphy lesson the week before.

 All of us took a calligraphy lesson the week before