Chapter 6

The guests arrived by a dozen, each sparkling in expensive looking clothing which would be discarded after the party. In the sky the moon provided a natural disco ball making a silver light shine outside.

A sweet melody was drifting through the busy atmosphere, and it seemed to be coming from the ball room. Jungkook weaved his way through the crowds of waiters who were holding plates and glasses and the hesitating royal woman who tried to talk to him. He pushed them away and eventually found what he was looking for.

Taehyung stood at the far end of the room laughing and talking with a shorter male. He stood idle at the sight, hesitating to move forward but eventually ran towards the blonde. His fingers started twitching again and he could sense the fire forming again on his hand. After all he couldn't show all of these people what he is and Taehyung had saved him once so he was his only hope.

He tugged onto the older's sleeve and panted. The blonde looked at the male and understood what was happening, he quickly told the other to give them some space and turned towards Jungkook worriedly.

Jungkook's eyes teared up but Taehyung was quick to wipe his tears away. The blonde smiled and caressed the younger's hands and pulled him towards the stage.

The white cake was kept on the stage with its shiny frosting making Seokjin, who stood in the far end of the room drool over it but Namjoon was quick to gesture him to keep his posture.

Taehyung's parents stood on one side while he held Jungkook's hand, not letting go of him. King Kim called Jungkook's parents up on the stage as he was already there and they came standing near the ginger.

The guests got confused as to why the Jeon's were there too on the stage but shrugged it off waiting for Taehyung to cut the cake so that they can finally eat it.

Taehyung smiled shyly and looked at the cake. 19 candles were on the cake, explaining that the birthday boy had turned 19 this day. He smiled and blew the candles as the crowd cheered wildly, but the only person cheering Wilder than anything was Jimin who stood behind Taehyung with Yoongi.

Jungkook smiled at the sight and saw the blonde slowly cutting a piece from the cake and stuffing the piece into his parents mouths. He then suddenly stuffed it in Jungkook's mouth making the boy startle. The ginger smiled and swallowed the cake while he felt something sweet feeling filling his body.

He let go of Taehyung's hand, motioning him to make Jimin eat the cake and stood beside Yoongi smiling slightly. The ravenette turned towards the ginger and held his hand slowly walking down the stage. They came to a corner and Yoongi ruffled Jungkook's red lockes.

"You got comfortable with Taehyung?"
Yoongi asked to Jungkook, who nodded as a response.

"How?"

The Ravenette grinned, showing off his gummy smile which made Jungkook smile a bit wider.

"H-He helped me control my powers hyung..."

"Awww.... Jungkookie is finally making friends huh?"

Jungkook shook his head furiously.
"I-I don't know if we are friends or not..."

"If he is helping you out and caring about you then he wants to be your friend"

"I do not want to be a burden to him!"

"What do you mean?"

"I heard everything hyung..."

Yoongi gave a confused look to the younger.

"Mother and Father wanted Prince Taehyung to teach me how to control my powers right?"

Yoongi nodded and sighed.

"B-But why?!? He has problems to deal with, he is the next heir to the kingdom and he has to learn a lot about being a King!! He cannot waste his time on me Hyung... He should not..."

"Jungkookie... He said so... That he will teach you and what else? We all agreed"

"He might have said that to make them happy. Not because he wanted to and after all nobody wanted to teach me anyway except you and Namjoon hyung but you two couldn't because you do not know how it feels to have powers"

"Jungkook I-"

"No hyung! It is better for me to stay in my room the rest of my life other than hurting others... I feel terrible to stop their work only because they have to look after me. Say to my parents to stop troubling others and do what they always do!!" He yelled and stormed off leaving the Ravenette alone.

The younger male ran towards the empty chairs in the other corner of the room and sat there gripping his hair tightly in frustration.

"Only because I am pathetic and stupid"

He thought and squeezed his eyes trying his best to not let the tears out.

"Jungkook-ah?"

The deep voice made the younger perk his head up and he stared at the almond eyes which looked back at his teary ones.

"No no... Please enjoy your birthday. I wouldn't like it if you miss this memorable day by wasting your time on me"
He pleaded the older and tried to push him away but he was feeling so weak that he couldn't.
Taehyung wrapped his arm around Jungkook's arm and pulled him outside into the hallway, he walked so fast that they were near the gates of the palace. The two boys stepped outside as Taehyung suddenly pulled the ginger towards the snow filled garden.

"I heard yours and your butler's talk, I swear I wasn't eavesdropping but I just followed you since I was worried"

He sighed and took a deep breathe as Jungkook stared curiously and sadly at him.

"Yes... You are right. I didn't wanted to do it but..."
Jungkook tensed up, of course he knew it from the start. Every single person does that to him. His very first nanny got a heart attack when she figured out he had fire powers, The teacher he got when he was 9 was about to beat him up, The old wise man got so scared that the second day he just disappeared without a word. The only people who stood by his side were Yoongi and Namjoon, they didn't even hesitate when they were said to look after him. He was so happy that time and now he started feeling sad because of yelling at his brother-like Hyung. He shut his eyes close. For some reason he didn't want to hear those words. He just wanted to be loved and appreciated, that is all he wished for but suddenly his eyes widened at the words-

"...It feels as if you are special. I would be more than happy to help you Jungkook-ah!"

🥀🥀🥀

Author-san:

Anneonghaseyo~ <3 As I have promised before, I tried my best in writing this chapter more detailed and pleasing. I did have the story planned but some bits and pieces of the chapter feels broken to me and I will try my best in fixing it.
If this chapter have pleased you then you wouldn't mind following my account and voting for the chapter right? If you do I would be really happy! UwU~

Byeeee~~