Chapter 3: a new found friendship.

The pain was unbearable. Worse then any battle scars you had ever got, no one was there to hold your hand today as your bandages were cleaned.

Every day since you awoke, Sidon would visit you. He talked a whole lot of rubbish that sometimes you didn't even understand but it still made you feel ten times better.

In-fact, he came in this morning, you had just got out of the bathroom and were hobbling back to your recovery bed, watching you limp made what Sidon was about to say even more upsetting for the both of you.

"___!" The prince and you had gotten close over the past few days. Formalities we're not needed.
"Mmm? Oh there you are! You're up early aren't you?" Resting on the edge of your bed, you catch your breath.

"Yes. Well it seems I have my arms full today. My schedule is through the roof."
Your heart sank, so did Sidon's, but neither of you let it show.

"Does this mean you will have to be leaving me soon? I get no silly stories on what happened yesterday? Or how one of the old bats lost their teeth again?" You look over your shoulder at the prince- a cheeky grin on your face.

"Haha! As much as I would love that ,friend. I have fare planning! Despite how much I protest, it seems I have to participate."
You noticed his eyes roll for a split second and mocked him. Rolling them back.

"I reckon...you should dress up as cupid."
The prince gave you an unamused look.

"Stop giving me foolish ideas! I need help here."

"Fine then don't listen to me! I'll be cupid! You be my sidekick."If he had an eyebrow,one would be raised , but his speech gave away how he felt.

"Seriously? What does cupids sidekick do?!" Beginning to find this amusing, the prince had a small smile on his face and bagan to pinch the bit of skin at the top of his nose...between his eyebrows. (Or where his eyebrows should be)

"Holds my arrows duh. Oh! And will be my test subject." You felt better already talking to Sidon. It was as if you two were just normal friends. Neither of you acted royal at all around eachother.

"You! Can get lost dodgy legs!" Poking your knee. You swat his hand away like a fly.

"I bet we should do a joint costume! I like the idea now of you being my sidekick- it's not like people could complain. Then they're just fussy."

In his head he wanted to say 'Yes!' Nothing would make him feel more relaxed then going to this with you. And not having Zora's force him to get on one knee!

Then again...

The search for Sidon to get a wife was becoming a drag. I think they would settle for a Hylian at this point if it meant he was married.

Can Hylians and Zora's mate?

Thoughts of just Hylians and Zora's as a couple flooded his mind.
'Mipha loved Link right?'

'That Hylian sends letters to Kodah's daughter'

'Princess Ruto years ago got engaged to a Hylian!'

'I could be forced to marry A Hylian Princess'

Forced?

He never thought about it that way. Would he mind?

Sure, he had a major crush on you when he was younger, but now? It seemed as if he is still your best friends' little brother to you. Or maybe just a friend?

"What am I to you?" You were taken aback by this sudden outburst-laughing, you thought it was a joke.

Sidon saw you didn't take it seriously so laughed with you. Pretending that it was supposed to catch you 'off guard' .

20 minuets you both managed to gossip and share scandals. You needed 12 hours usually, but he had left long before the first hour.

"Goodbye ___! Wish me luck..." Sidon groaned. Leaving you became harder everyday. Probably because he grew more and more attached to you as days went by...

Leaning down, he kissed your head.

'In a friendly way ___!' You thought.

'It meant nothing' You thought.

You still managed to get sweaty palms-good job thats not too visible.

"S-see you Sidon..!" You shoo him out the door as he would have been late otherwise.

That brings you back to the present moment in time-bandage cleaning.

One of the healers was just finishing up, usually after your bandages were cleaned you would feel normal again, they still never discharged you though.

"Okay princess...I think, you're free to go now!"
Eyes widening, you began to bubble up and get excited. Now you could hang out with Sidon 24/7, you could go to close villages and buy new outfits or play with the kids.

"Ah! Thank you. I'm grateful for your help to me."
In a formal tone of course, this wasn't Sidon or Link you were talking to.

Wait, Link! You couldn't believe you forgot about your childhood friend! Was he still alive? Or your sister, was she alive? How had you not thought about them...you decided to ask King Dorephan after you got washed up and put clean clothes on.

———————————————————————————

Third chapter! Trying my best to release lots of chapters so I can get to the cute romance and stuff. I'll start at getting the fourth out asap.