Chapter 28: The Swimming prep.

"Captian Bazz! Milady! I finally found you." Orson, another guard, was running towards us, he seemed like he needed to tell one of us something important.

"Oh, Orson what's wrong?" I questioned, he gave me a guilty look as he asked to speak with Bazz alone. Damn it! Now I have to wait for Bazz to finish this commotion. Never mind, I'll just get ready for the swimming competition that's supposed to be taking place within two hours.

"We shall speak later Milady, now if you don't mind.." Bazz shifted his eyes back onto Orson and I took the hint.

"Yeah, yeah I know." I said and left for my quarters, not getting any of the information I was supposed to.

"Ruto! There you are my cherub, it seems like I haven't seen you for ages. Where have you been hiding?" My father was suddenly by my side as I was walking down the corridors of Zora palace. I smiled up at him, my father is such a good man and going behind his back like this hurts me... But I know if I ask him I'll never get answers.

"I've just been searching for Connie, that's all." I giggled at his playful face.

"Are you competing in the swimming competition dad?" I asked giving a hopeful face, I know he would watch it but it would be fun to see my father back in action and preforming his amazing swimming skills.

"Would you like me to?" He looked down at my small frame and smiled. I am tiny compared to my father, he's like 9ft! But his athletic body kind of makes up for his height because most Zoras want to marry him.

"Definitely" I said eager eyed.

"Then I'll do it for you. I have to go now and get ready though so I'll see you out there Ruto." He bent down and kissed my head. He still dotes on me and I'm not exactly 2.

"Break a fin dad!" I yelled, some old Zoras in the library gave me odd looks through the glass but I kept on walking.

-MEANWHILE-

"Okay kid are you ready?" Some Zora gave me Hylian swimming trunks! How convenient, now my underwear is saved.

"Yup." I pulled back the curtain and walked out, the floor was freezing against my bare feet but the Zora seemed to just laugh at it.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I have been told King Sidon is participating on his daughters request now." That name sounded so familiar, as if I heard mother say it. Well she must've said it! They're allies aren't they? I think anyway, her business with the other religions of Hyrule are locked away in her office. A place I barely go in.

"Ah, is he a good swimmer?" I asked already guessing the answer.

"He would be you times 10." The male answered.

"I see, but then again you have never seen me swim have you?" I answered, I mean I said I was good but I'm really fast..it's never been heard of. I wonder if King Sidon is actually as good as they say, I mean I'm pretty silly comparing my skills to a fish.

"OKAY CONTESTANTS, MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE EAST RESERVOIR LAKE."

I took a deep breath, maybe it is silly of me to be going up against the King of Fish.

Oh well..

"Name?"

"Kit." I answered.

The Zora looked up to give me a suspicious frown and then suddenly dragged me out of the way and to my starting post. 

"Um.. I can walk you know." I said pulling my arm out of his grasp but he didn't seem to be caring about me or my words as hi head was facing another way. What was he looking at? I positioned my head at the same angle as his and looked straight until I saw a HUGE Zora! I mean he must be about 9ft or something! He had a Crown on and a sword attached to his silver waist belt. Was THIS King Sidon? He's pretty scary. 

"Wow, is that your King?" I asked the Zora who still didn't realise how close my face had gotten.

"U-uh yes! But you mustn't talk to him! H-he's uhhh busy and is preparing." The Zora looked at me and moved away, creating distance between us.

"You know I think you're lying." I stated bluntly. He just stared at me, I heard that this Zora was a high guard, I think he's the captain so why didn't he tell me off for being so blunt? Does he know who I am..?

"I-I'm sorry... I just uhh..." I could see him searching for another lie, he must know who I am, he's stammering and is being polite...

"You know who I am don't you?" I asked again bluntly. The captain just starred at me.

"So it's true, you admit it?" He said looking down, as if his worst nightmare has came true.

"I didn't admit anything but I can." I added, he looked at me, then back at King Sidon, the more I saw that Zora the more I couldn't tare my eyes away.

"Y-your highness what are you doing here..?" The captain asked me in a quiet voice, he seems to be the only one who really knows what I look like and who I am.

"How do you know who I am? Are you close with my mother?" I asked him with a serious look on my face, was HE my father? 

"You could say that.."He scratched the back of his neck and looked back at King Sidon. Was this guy in trouble with him? He seemed to be hiding from him.

"Hey, can I ask you a personal question?" I said and looked down.

"Are you my Father?" I said with an upset look, the Captain seemed amazed that I asked him this.

"Wait, you don't know who your father is?" He gave me such a look I nearly felt confused on why I was even here, it was if I was meant to be searching for my father, that everyone thought I was doing it all along.

"No..." I said carefully.

"Oh, so _____ didn't send you here to find your Father?" he asked me again, the answer to that was quite clear.

"Again no." I said.

"I have made a BIG mistake then haven't I...?" He asked me.

"If you mean you telling me that my Father is located within this Domain and I was never meant to find out then yes." I smiled at the Captain and stood on my platform, I was now taller than him.

"Your mother and Father are going to kill me, you know that Sir?" He seems to be acquainted with both my parents well, did my mother used to live here as well? Gods there are so many questions I want answering, this Zora is my only hope.

"Can you tell me who my Father is? There is no point in you hiding it any longer, I'll end up finding out through my own searches anyways." 

"...If that's so Prince Keiran then I suggest you find him on your own, this is a family matter that you should uncover yourselves." The Captain went to leave before wishing me luck and said if I'm anything like my Father then I should at least come in second. It seems that his little send off was a big hint on who my Father was but I still can't believe it.

Did my mother really fall in love with a Zora? And was it their King at that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I figured out how to make my text bold now! 

Another upload shall be on it's way!

Bye xoxo