Chapter 35: Feud's

Ralis' POV

Finally, I got to meet Link, he's not at all what I thought he'd be. The guy is a year younger than me and is nothing like his famous father. He seems to be a troublemaker.

My eyes watched his every move as he threw his muscular arm around my sister and joked about Zelda being a man. I didn't like the way he touched Ruto, but they're cousins so what can I do?

"And you must be Ralis!" After a sort of bro-hug with Keiran, Link turned to me. Well this is the chance for me to either like this guy or hate him. For my mother and Father's sake I'll like him. For now.

"And you must be Link. It's a pleasure to meet you." I held out a clawed hand and he stared blankly at it. Was he even brought up as a prince?

His pale hand touched his thin lips as he tried to hold back a laugh. Was I funny to him? Or was he that dumb not to know basic curtesy?

"What's with the formal greeting? We're cousins, not nobles." The guy did have a point, but Father always taught me to shake hands with someone when meeting them on the first account.

"I'm sorry." I deliberately stood up and yanked his hand to my chest before pulling him into a hard hug where our shoulders touch. This seems to be what him and Keiran did.

"Is that better?" I asked plainly, Link's nose scrunched up at my bluntness. Can he tell I don't like him too much?

"Um..yeah..." Links voice trailed off as he looked at me.
"Link, don't mind Ralis. He's weird." I turned and scowled at Ruto who was holding onto his arm.

"You two seem to get along well I see." I was shocked at my own words. Was I jealous of Link for taking away my younger twin sister? No. Ruto would always stay by me, we've always had eachother's backs.

"Ralis stop being moody! Link's a nice guy, he's just different to what you're used to."

"Keiran's normal though. And they were brought up together." My matter of fact tone was pissing Ruto off and I wanted to stop but I couldn't.
"He probably doesn't take his responsibility as a future hero of Hyrule properly." I scoffed at this. Link gave me a sharp 'don't you go there' look that I ignored.

Yeah, I knew all about the Gerudo boy born the same time as me. Ruto has no idea, I wouldn't either if it wasn't for Mother and Fathers not so private chat in the Library last night.

"What are you talking about?!" Ruto looked at me as if I was crazy. "I think your mistaking the Link here for his father."

Sighing I shook my head at her "It doesn't matter"

"Actually"

Oh no

I turned my head to see mother and Father stood in the doorway nearest to me. Damn.

"I think we should talk about that Ralis." My mother walked behind me and placed her small hand on my large shoulder. I only met her yesterday but it feels like I've known her forever, her presence and touch calmed me down. She's so small compared to me, I'm only 15 but I am a Zora who grows fast thanks to my mothers Hylian side. Without turning my body I turned my head so I could see her big eyes looking up at me.

"Calm down dear" she whispered to me, she knows how to handle my anger it seems. I know I get it from Father so she must've learned from him. Her small hand rubbed under my silver armour on my shoulder. I don't think I can go back to Zora's Domain if she's not with me, I already love her too much.

I nodded my head slightly and sat back down in my chair. I feel like I've gone against my own plan to be nice to Link.

"Right. ___ is correct when saying we need to talk about what's going to happen next. Ralis you seem to have found out as usual so Ruto I guess it's time to tell you.." My Father stood beside mother, they looked like a completed puzzle together, they were perfect. I want that when I'm their age.

"What do you mean..?" Ruto left Link's side finally and perched herself next to Zelda.
"Is there something I should know?"

—————————————————————————

Whoop I'm home!!! Aghhh I hate being home but it cannot be helped, I was away for a month so I'm lucky.

❤️