Chapter 37: Feelings

Ralis' POV

I gave up, I couldn't find Ruto and Link was annoying me, even if he was only breathing. So, I wandered around the castle and ended up in it's library. It's huge, bigger than my one even though I hardly use it, but this one had secret passageways to the docks and even little rooms to study or read in. I was confused at first because who would actually have the time to read a book when they work in such a busy castle, the only people in there were cooks and trainees.

But anyway that's not what I was originally thinking about, I had found this metal box of some sort blocking entrance to a path. No one was really looking at what I was doing as they were at the other end of the room by one of Mothers study's. Before pushing it though I did question if I should go through with it, yet no one really could say anything about it as I was their 'Lord'. As most of them called me. The metal was cold to the touch and the triforce was carved into it along with the words:

"Long reign Hylia's saviors"

That would account to me then, even though I have no powers. I had to turn away for a split second as the smell that hit my nose was awful, I like fish and all but that was bad.

I pushed the box back towards the entrance but left it ajar enough for me to get back into the Library if anything happened. Instantly I heard people talking, and even though it was very dark I managed to follow the sound which lead me to some stone balcony that overlooked the...Docks? I finally had light courtesy of the two torches either side of me, what I saw though astounded me, Zora's were unloading big boxes of fish for the kitchen, they must've gotten them from Hylia river as the fish looked pretty good. If that were the case then these Zora's would be the ones that didn't live in Zora's Domain, we have another one in Lake Hylia but only part of it is out of the water so many Hylians don't go there.

They were so hard working that's for sure, I had no idea how long I was stood there staring but they noticed me. And they noticed who I was too.

"Young prince Ralis! What brings you here?" my eyes were now locked onto a well built silver Zora, his yellow eyes were like any other Zora's (not mine though) and his armor was the same as the ones we use in the main Domain.

"I'm visiting my Mother." They all stopped working as I made my way down the stone path to them all, some bowed their heads some just looked at me in question, of course, they don't understand fully who my mother would be.

"You know, Queen ___. Haha it was a shock for me too." I let out a dry laugh and their elders nodded in agreement, they were sworn to secrecy after all.

"How is the King?" an elder stepped up from their seating position and gave me a polite nod so I answered,

"He's happier than ever. I'm sure he'd be pleased to know you asked." the smile I held on my lips was genuine yet it opened when I saw her.

"This is the last of them sir! Oh-!" she stopped midway in her walk and places the last box of fish with the others to then turn to me with a reddened face.

"Prince Ralis? what are you doing here in the castle?" I was surprised this girl had the courage to talk to me so freely like that, many don't and it does bother me as it slows things down.

"I'm here on visiting duty, and who might you be?" why I was asking I don't know but she was different, her scales were a light pale blue and her face structure was more pleasant than others. Was this called attraction? I didn't feel 'butterflies' as Ruto described to me but I did feel heat rushing to my face when she gave an adorable shocked look at my interest in her name.

"I'm Ovora Sir." Her head lowered and I shook it off as an unnecessary thing for her to do. I really shouldn't be treating her this way, I barely know her. But I do want to get to know her, how do I even get around to doing that?

"Ovora are you smart? Can you read and write?" She didn't even have to speak before people started saying she was the smartest Zora they had and that whatever I needed done she could take care of it easy.

"Good." I answered them before turning to her, she looked awfully confused but I continued anyway.

"You would be great as my assistant in my findings and research. How would you like to stay here at the castle and start Wednesday?" everyone congratulated her in getting a high job with the Zora prince but she didn't look too sold.

"Why me? We only met two minuets ago." this girl was different, I thought she would be interested in a high paying job like that. Plus it gets her away from these horrid smelling fish.

"Are you saying no? I thought you were hard working, that is all." I waved my hand at them before saying my goodbye's and walking back up the stairs to the balcony, all the way up I could hear the bickering of people telling her to take the job and that it's good experience.

A smirk played on my lips as I heard her small feet running up after me, was this what it felt to like someone? I never felt this way about the other girls back home yet here I am offering this stranger a job I don't even need doing.

"I-I changed my mind..er Sir." she tapped my back, brave, so I turned and gave her a smile then held out my hand for her to shake it.

It looks like I have some explaining to do with mother and father about their new guest taking up a rather nice room in the castle...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHOOP WHOOOOPP!

Is there a second romance budding? I hope that you guys will be interested in Ralis warming up to someone outside of his family! And don't worry you and Sidon will be the main love story