Chapter 29: The Swimming Competition.

Keirans POV-
God, all I could think about was if King Sidon was my Father. It would make sense though! Mother spoke highly of the Zora in meetings and we do have similar traits.
He has red skin, I have red hair, he has yellow eyes, I have yellow eyes, he has sharp teeth, I have sharp teeth and we're both amazing swimmers!

I have to beat him or at least come second to catch his eye, then he'll congratulate me or something!
Yeah okay that's my plan.

"Are you ready Mr Kit?" A young female Zora was next to me. I looked into her eyes and instantly saw my mother.

"Uh...Mr Kit are you alright?" She looked puzzled and a small blush formed on her face. She's probably not used to me being such a different Hylian.
I am quite tall compared to most of them and obviously my features are what of a Zora and Hylian mix.

"S-sorry, you just reminded me of my mother." I said quietly. Not even realising she was the Princess Ruto I had heard so much about.

"Your mother? Well how odd, your eyes remind me of my fathers..." she said, her words came out as if they weren't meant for me.

"Who's your father?" I asked
"Who's your mother?" She asked at the same time.

"Oh...my father is King Sidon." She said and looked down as if it's embarrassing. Then it hit me, the reason she has mothers eyes is because she's mothers child!! Mother never said she had more than one child! I can't believe this...

"Oh...ohhh Gods..." was my reaction, she seemed confused at my sudden worry.

"Don't worry! You won't be hurt for talking with me! My father is a lovely man." She chimed.

"I'm sure he is but... do you know who your mother is?" I asked, maybe she knows everything. If her mother is not my mother, I don't have to reveal myself to her.

"No sadly. That reminds me, who's yours?" She teased me with this and I felt suddenly shy, do I really tell her who my mother is?
What about our shared parents?

"My mother...She's um...She's um..." I couldn't get the words out.

"Would I know her?" She questioned, I mean at the moment I don't look like my mother is a queen of a kingdom but she does look like a princess.

"You may have heard of her.... uh she's Queen ___. Of um Hyrule." I stated it out to her like an unbelievable fact.

"You're messing with me!" She giggled, oh no she thinks it's a JOKE!

"I'm not... my name isn't Kit, I lied for my own sake. My real name is.."

"Keiran." She said, so she knows of me...
Wow that's a surprise, I had no idea about her.

"Yeah. You know of me?" I asked and she didn't really answer, she just went into a deep thought and walked a few metres away before sitting down behind me.

"Everyone in Hyrule knows of you and your mother....Can we talk after the swim?" She asked, I simply nodded and stretched my body in order of preparation.

"GET READY CONTESTANTS!"
I steadied myself on my platform and looked at my competition to the left of me. At the very beginning was Sidon... my 'Father', I'm still unsure.

"Three, Two, One, GO!"

Some sort of a canon or drum went off to the right of me and of course it deafened me the most.
Yet before I knew it I was in the water and my whole body was covered in the salt like liquid.

*gasp*

My head came up for air, red hair sticking to my forehead and covering my eyes slightly. I do style my hair most days but today I tied it up in the smallest ponytail ever. My hair is long but not THAT long.