Chapter 26: snooping

Ages of characters:

You- 30 something
Sidon- probably like 5000000 years old at this point
Keiran- 17 years old
Ralis- 15 years old
Ruto- 15 years old
Zelda (reincarnation) - 15 years old
Link (reincarnation) - 14 years old
Zelda (your sister) - 30 something
Link (old) - 30 something

——————————
(Ralis POV)
"Father, Father wake up." I rolled my eyes as I shook my father to get him up for breakfast. I know it's hard being King but I'm a prince and still manage to eat breakfast!

"Ralis I'm tired please go and tell the elders I'll be there in a few hours." He mumbled, does he think it's like 5am?! I sighed and told him the real time.

"Dad it's 10am, you already missed the meetings." I said casually, his large head turned over to look at me. We just stared at eachother before he sighed and got up.

My Father is Kind, King Sidon of Zora's Domain! He's quite a handsome man and to be honest it's always confused me on how he hasn't pursued any ladies in the Domain.
Ruto tells me he's hiding something. Something about our mother, she says that Mother was someone special, someone important to the kingdom and Father was married to her.

Was?

That was the question I always asked Ruto but she shrugged her shoulders after that. She only knew up to that part, for all I know they could be still married. If mother is actually alive.

He never talks about her...

"What's on your mind Ralis?" I heard my father speak to me in a calm tone, my eyes meet his and he looks away instantly just like every other time.

There was silence for a few seconds while I contemplated on asking him about mine and Ruto's mother. By the looks of it he still loves her dearly as he cannot bare to look into our eyes, we have her big eyes.

"It's nothing Father, I'm off to find Ruto now we have matters to discuss. I'll be back for our meal at 6!" I gave him a wave before leaving his quarters and jogging down the maze corridors of Zora Domains royal 'palace'
Basically it's a home for the royals built in a giant fish sculpture.

Left,left,right and straight ahead is where Ruto's room lies.

*knock knock*
My large red hand pounds on her large blue-stone door.

"Ralis if that's you I don't have time for games! I'm busy!" Ughhh women at this age! I barged in anyway and took pleasure in seeing her agitated face while holding two tiaras in her hands.

"This better be worth it." She snapped and put the tiaras down on her table before sitting on her bed.

"You know your theory on Mother? I think we need to dig deeper. " was all I said , she looked at me and sighed.

"You know I'm the smarter one out of us, and even I don't know anything about mother!"

I paused after hearing this.

"Wait, all we need to do is find out her name and then we can just read her up in the library! You said she was super important so she'll definitely be in some sort of old history book right?!"
My eyes lit up with the chance to find out who my mother actually is! If Ruto doesn't help I'll do it myself, even though I know she wishes she has a mother.

"Okay." She gave in after minimal pleading this time, closing her windows she looked at me with a serious face.

"We need to get a trusty source, a friend who can bribe people..." she looked down at the floor before back at me as if a light bulb was switched on in her brain.

"Connie!" We both stated in unison, Connie knows how to get a guard to spill anything or even pretend she's royal! It's quite funny.

"I'll find her Ralis, you need to just stay by Father and buy us time, got it?" Connie gave me a grin and left before I could even agree. Before I knew it I was left alone in my sisters room.

Meanwhile

"Connieee! I need you, it's Ruto!" I was frantically running around the Domain in search for my friend Connie.

"Hello Fijarm, have you seen your sister anywhere?" I ran up to Connie's elder Brother (quite a good looker...but I need to focus!)

"Sorry Miss Ruto, but the last place I saw Connie was at our table eating breakfast." He scratched the back of his neck, a light blush was on his cheeks but I usually did that to most Zora males... I'm not sure if it's me being pretty or the fact that I'm King Sidon's daughter.

Oh well.

I thanked Fijarm and left quickly before he could ask why I was looking for his sister.

The silver bangles around my red ankles made a chiming sound as I ran back up the blue marble steps and into the sleeping pools of the citizens of Zora's Domain. 

I got many puzzled looks as I was looking in each pool and under waterfalls,
" Lady Ruto, can I be of any assistance?"
I turned around and came face-to-chest with the captain of the guards, Bazz.

For as long as I've known, Bazz has always been the captain of the guards and my Dads best friend. He's quite strict when around others but alone he's very laid back and even lazy! He tells me stories about my dad when he was younger and how silly he was when he was my ages and older!

"Bazz, I know you are loyal to my Father and you're also his best friend, but I need you to keep a secret from him for a short while. Can you do that? For me?" I opened my eyes wide with a pleading look that made him groan in annoyance.

As his stern eyes left their previous worried state, and thinned into a suspicious look.

"You know I hate keeping secrets from Sidon...I mean his royal highness."

I rolled my eyes at this, he knows me, Ralis and Father don't have a care in the world if he is informal with us. 

"I know, I know. I'm like 'family'." he let out a small chuckle and continued,

"Did Ralis break something valuable again?" Bazz lowered his voice even though we were on a bridge with no other Zora. Well there was one guard but she was all the way at the other side.

"Surprisingly not." I answered amused, Bazz seemed to relax after hearing he wouldn't have to glue Fathers favorite vase back together. I wonder why it's his favorite anyway...

"So what's the problem little princess?" he asked, to be honest I only ask Bazz for secretive help like this if my dumb brother has been stupid again. 

"Can you tell me about my mother?" I questioned looking deep into his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I would write this in bold like I usually do but towards the end of this chapter I finished it on my laptop and didn't know how to turn the writing into bold...oops!

This chapter was suuper long! I really like writing about the kids as teenagers I think it's fun, that and I didn't really have a interesting plot line anymore...

I hope you guys are enjoying the new story line, if you are can you let me know?

Thanks for over 20k reads!!