Chapter 10: Valentines Fare (part one)

Nothing woke you up this morning, no birds no chatter no music. You were already up before any of that had begun. You got 4 hours of sleep and the bags under your usually pretty eyes showed for it!

Make up was your only option, it was going to be used anyway so lucky you had it all ready. Foundation, mascara, eyeliner, some blush and you were ready to go.

Bar you still hadn't got your dress on and only a few people were awake.

The wardrobe doors opened with a small creak 'better get that oiled' you thought as you gently pulled out the gown and placed it on your bed.
Since it was a hot day you had the balcony doors open yet that breeze was becoming a bit too cold so you had to shut them before you froze...again.

*zip* the dress fit like a glove. Adjusting the tiara on your head you were done. And looked amazing too. Surprisingly good since you had 24 hours to prepare for such a special day for you.

By that time (7:30 am) Decorations and Zora's could be spotted out of your window, hopefully it
wouldn't be too early to get breakfast!

Taking that risk you practically skipped down to the hall and grabbed a small serving of oats with some honey/jam (whatever you prefer) it was one of the only things that didn't contain fish in it. Fish for breakfast lunch and dinner was taking it TOO far so you lived on oats every morning. You weren't even that much of a fish eater in the beginning, even more so when you thought fish cakes were REAL cakes. That was a disappointment.

"Wow ___" you heard a small familiar voice come from behind. You were too busy daydreaming about romance and fish cakes that you hadn't noticed Link take the seat beside you.
"Link!" You gasped, spoon falling out of your hand and back in the bowl.
"Surprise..?" He said sheepishly, you hadn't gave him the best of greetings. To be honest you wanted it to be Sidon more not Link. No offence of course.
"Why are you up so early?" Changing the subject and your tone of voice you worried that Link would try and kiss you or something again if you said something unintentionally flirtatious.

"Come to see you of course! You look amazing by the way" looking at the part of the dress he could see, he gave a thumbs up of approval and patted your back before gobbling down a fish head. 'Im going to vomit' was what really went through your mind but you pretended Link was eating cake or something.

"Um...thanks" you said, trying not to look disgusted by his eating habits. "Om nom nom" was the response he gave you and you giggled lightly. After that day when he tried to kiss you, you felt uncomfortable. You loved Sidon not Link. Well you loved Link, but only as a best friend...a childhood friend! Nothing more nothing less.

"So Link..." you started
"Mmmmhmmm?" He hummed. His cheeks were puffed out but you understood what he was trying to get across. 'Better say it now before he swallows' you thought.
"Well...S-Sidon asked me to the fare today. We're kind of a couple..."
*gulp*
"HE WHAT? YOU...HIM....COUPLE?!" Link had swallowed his food in one go and had stood up nearly smashing a glass near by.
Gasping, you had to stop guards from running over with spears and you held Link supportively as he calmed down.
"Yes, but you cannot tell anyone okay?! I trust you more than anyone Link. Please" you said holding onto him, looking into his eyes.
You could tell he loved how you held onto him, he blushed at the thought of him holding you close. But now you were another Mans (or Fish's)

"For you I will keep quiet. But..."
Before he could continue you stopped him with an excited hug "YES! Thank you! Thank you Link!"

"Uh, ____?" A deep voice came from the main entrance into the dining hall.
Sidon.

Jolting back in shock you turned and looked at the handsome Zora. He didn't look happy. Yet you felt ecstatic to see him dressed up in his royal gear. "Siodn!" You hoped over a chair on the floor (courtesy of Link) and ran over to the Prince pulling him out of the room.

"What was that?!" He asked sternly.
"Shhh! I asked him if he would keep us a secret for now okay? I just got excited thinking of you"
Sidon smiled at this comment and leaned down to kiss you softly. "You're adorable as always my princess. May I add you look stunning!" He looked you up and down before walking into the dining hall for breakfast as ' friends'

This would be an amazing day. But you couldn't help but feel worried about Link and Sidon...
———————————————————————————
Part one of the valentines fare! I finally managed to write it! Whoop! Have fun next one will be out asap❤️😂